Chapter 2

The night before coronation day.

Ahana took a stroll around the castle gates, feeling something eerie inside her. Sealing the demons away and getting crowned, it all seemed too easy for her. Wandering in the dark territory, her heart felt at risk. Something dangerous.

She walked over to the guards standing by the locked gate. Her heart kept commanding her to inspect around the palace, for it all looked as though amiss. Ahana noticed that the two guards were falling asleep.

"I don't want you guards to be sleeping" Ahana startled the guards to death. They stood straight and bowed. "People sleep silently at their homes, for you hold the safety to their lives."

"We're extremely sorry, Princess Ahana" The first muscular man apologised.

"Guard the gates" Ahana said and walked away. She was satisfied upon waking the palace guards to carry on their duty. If anything would happen, Ahana will be there to protect her people.

She ambled across the empty hallway, glancing at each candle light. In her way, she heard loud guzzling noise. Ahana followed the disturbing sounds and she stopped at the footsteps of the kitchen hall. Her heart sunk from what she saw. Ernest was guzzling in the cat's flesh, his hands filled with fresh blood and flesh. He was scrambling each way, staring at the ceiling and choking the flesh inside his huge mouth. His eyes were vivid crimson color, pale face getting sunken inside. She could see his bones open passage.

"Er..nest.." Ahana hesitated. "Are you doing fine?"

Ernest stared at her and started giggling. He scrambled over and imploded near her feet.

Ahana's eyes stared at his sunken pale face grinning. A heavy drop of tear slipped from her cheeks until she blinked. It was her fault. If she had not brought Ernest to the dark forest, he would not have been haunted by the demon. Deep inside Ernest must have been cursing her. She gasped trying to hold back her tears.

"What is wrong?" The maid came asking. Ahana was not able to hear anything. She was scared of the fact that whatever had happened to Ernest was her fault. The maid shook her arms and brought her eyes to blink back in the reality. "Are you fine, Princess Ahana?"

Ahana looked at her maid. "Mary, " she spoke in her frightened voice. "I don't know what is happening" Ahana gasped. Throwing out all of her tears.

Mary glanced down at Ernest, unconscious. "Don't worry.. It's gonna be fine" She comforted Ahana in her arms. Mary gently rubbed Ahana's back. "You go and take a sleep.. I'll tell the guards to cage him"

"Will this end?"

"Ahana.. don't get this affect your thoughts,this is what the demon wants.. "Mary said. "He wants you to think that you are at fault.. You did nothing. Remember, Devil will always try to posses our minds but your heart is pure .. "

Ahana quickly wiped off her tears upon hearing the footsteps of other guards entering the kitchen. She inhaled heavily and exhaled.

The coronation day.

Ahana had worn the dress that Ernest had brought her. Mary brushed her hair neatly infront of the mirror. Ahana stared at her reflection, looking like she is scattered inside. Mary glanced at Ahana's reflection and then she dressed her hair.

"What is bothering you?" Mary spoke.

Ahana hummed. "Being crowned.."

"This is bound to happen.. After the king it's you who will rule the palace"

"How's my daughter?" The King barged in with a big smile. He was fond of Ahana's braveness. He walked over to the mirror and Mary left. "You look like your mother...Beautiful..."

Ahana smiled with her sadness buried inside. She didn't know that if this was the time for her to be crowned and rule the palace. Ahana wants to be there as a warrior of the villagers and hunt demons but she has her roles as a Queen.

"Father ..Have you seen Ernest's sudden change in behaviour?" Ahana said as she stood up and faced the king.

"Indeed. He had been possessed. We'll have to execute him. " Arthur responded. " Meanwhile lets go to the ceremony hall..."

King Arthur then escorted his daughter to the ceremony hall. It was gazed with happiness and villagers laughter.

Ahana bowed her head down when Arthur crowned his daughter. Then Ahana raised her head and bowed down to the villagers.
They bowed back in their blissfulness.

Unfortunately the crowning of the queen didn't last long. Silence filled the hall upon the darkness sight. The hall was bathed in darkness and devilish laughter. Ahana reached for the sword which the armour passed up. She stood tall across the room and swung the sword above her head, summoning the light back. It didn't take long for the devil to form himself into a tornado. Ahana tried to find its weakness once the light was summoned. She jumped into the tornado and found a dark figure inside it. The devil jumbled around and infuriated Ahana. She moved her body towards the dark figure and jagged in its chest.

This tornado didn't stop and swung around along with Ahana. The devil disappeared with no trace of Ahana. The palace was yet again in silence. What the villagers stared back at was Ahana's crown, still hopping around.