Chapter 5

Ahana's dress floated in the air as she rushed over to Craven. Grabbing her sword from the couch, she pushed Craven aside and went for the devil's heart.

Everything stopped over there. Craven was halfway falling. The man in his hoodie looked startled at the sword going for his chest.. Ahana's sword was only transitory, she laid it down when her green eyes had noticed a human under the hoodie.

The man panted, feeling nauseous. He snorted and pulled himself away. Craven ran over and tried in a smooth-talking with the man.

"What does this even mean?" Ahana could hear the man arguing and Craven whispering. "This slattern just attacked me.. "

Ahana's blood boiled on the humiliation, she heard. She came over and strangled the man with her arms behind him, causing him to choke. "Call me slattern again, and you're gone for good"She said.

"Ahana, stop it" Craven raged. Ahana let him go and she placed her sword on the man's shoulder. She was smug.

"Craven," The man ordered. "If the girl is staying then I'll leave "

Craven had been living alone and his buddy had nowhere to go so he had lent him the room. Although the man was paying. If Nick goes away then this Ahana will probably kill you. She almost had murdered Nick.

"Nick, she's the hungry girl I told you about. " Craven said. He walked to Ahana and made her have the sword off Nick's shoulder. "Ahana. Meet Nick, my college buddy. And Nick. Meet Ahana" Craven looked at them both.

Nick glared under his dark black eyes. "Nice to meet you" he said. Ahana nodded, and said the same thing over.

Ahana gobbled down the food greedily. The chicken fried rice, along with the hamburger. The table was filled with plates having variety of foods. The most tasty food she had ever tasted.

"She's eating like a rat.. " Craven whispered over into Nick's ears. They both were seated across the table, watching her guzzle the food.

Surprised, Nick nodded back. "And my money"

Everyone at the restaurant stared at the unpleasant woman with the sword, seated down on the floor under the table. Ahana didn't care, she was hungry and eager to eat the food she's never tasted before.

"Where did you find this woman?" Nick whispered back.

"I was drunk last night, and she just appeared out of nowhere. With the darkness surrounded, I couldn't see much. And then I remember running away from her. " Craven pulled himself over Nick's ear again.  "Let's just leave her here.."

"Nice idea.. But doesn't she know where your house is?"

"Oh, yeah. I forgot.. But what do we do?"

"She almost killed me." Nick panicked. Ahana stopped eating. She stared at the two man, shivering.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing.." Craven said and started to feed Ahana the food with the fork. "You eat.. you just eat"

Ahana grasped his wrist, stopping him from coming any closer. Craven's eyes fell down when Ahana inspected his eyes. She smiled and ate the food.

"Looks like she trusts you" Nick whispered when Craven sat back.

Craven watched Ahana eat. "Yeah, I wonder why?.. "

Ahana stretched her arms and yawned. Craven and Nick were out. All she knew was that they would arrive quite late. So Ahana had laid her head on the couch and watched the television infront of her. It was dramatically done, with the people inside acting. They all were wearing short clothes and makeup. Having wavy haircuts. Woman looked beautiful. Men were even attractive. Ahana had fallen in love with a male actor.

She hadn't slept but watch Johnny Depp.  

"So this is how man nowadays live like?" Ahana pouted. "Maybe I should leave Craven alone?"

"But he is the only person who I know so far.. " Ahana sat up and glanced around the room.

Something was amiss. Her sword. It wasn't there.

Such eerie feelings surrounded her. This sword of death could be misused in anything.

Ahana walked herself into the pouch and examined everything around her. The traffic lights, city cars, noisy people and glittering stores. The restaurant, where she had her food. That is the only place she had visited.

Walking down the streets at night, made her heart thunder. It was cold that was definitely not warming her up.

She stood infront of the closed restaurant. Scrutinizing the entrance, any way to get in. Ahana's eyes flicked when she caught her eyes on the shadow, wandering inside the restaurant.

She stared through the glass window until someone grabbed her arms.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

Ahana glared at the man in his uniform. Her eyes sprung when she had a creak inside the restaurant.

"Someone is in there" She spoke, pointing at the darkness through the glass window. The police officer glanced around, no one was there.

"I'm sorry..Are you lost, miss? " He asked. Ahana didn't respond.  He acted crikey. But doing his duty, he inspected inside the restaurant, opening the doors and creaking inside examining.

He switched on the lights, seeing no one inside he turned to Ahana behind him.

"No one is in here" He expostulated.

Ahana searched around for her sword, completely ignoring his words. Her green eyes brightened upon laying her eyes on the sparkling steel sword. She rushed over to the table and grasped the hilt. With her full strength, she extruded the sword out from under the table.

The man gazed confused as Ahana walked over with the heavy steel in her hands. Suddenly the lights went out, causing the officer to startle. He glanced to find the woman in the darkness.

The squeaking and screams started to ring in their ears. The restaurant was imperilled. Ahana swung her swords around and waited for the imp to arrive. It was probably a devil.

"Whose doing that?" The officer asked, terrified.

"It's an evil imp.." Ahana intimated. "Just stay close" She moved closer to the man's back, leaning together as in interweave.

"What do you mean by an 'evil imp'.." He asked. Concerned to give stares around him.

The noise stopped and laughter filled the air. The glass scattering noises intensified with shadows wandering. Just in the blink of an eye. Ahana impatiently waited for the opponent's next move. However, it would not attack. At least for now.

"ENOUGH!" Ahana shouted.

The darkness faded away from the glimpse of the streetlights. It entered the restaurant as the silhouette stood by the corner. The dark figure had no official body or face, it was only dark. It was the same devil who had travelled Ahana into the future.

Ahana's eyes widened, glaring at the figure in clear irradiated streetlights. The officer came into view and tucked out his shotgun, aiming it at the silhouette. Surprised to see a creature that exists. The man pulled Ahana behind him and stepped forward with his gun.

"What the hell is that?" He spoke in a calm voice.

"I thought I killed you" Ahana pulled the police away, stepping forward. "This isn't your world"

"This isn't yours as well" The silhouette squeaked. "The portal is closedddddd....." It screamed and charged over to the police.

Nearly grabbing the police's neck, Ahana's sharp steel slit out the silhouette's arms. It screamed in agony, falling back to the wall.

The policeman's eyes had dropped out when he had seen Ahana handle the sword. Ahana smirked, seeing the man's terrified face.
She fled over to the silhouette crying in rage. Then Ahana sped her sword in its chest, making it skedaddle out. The eerie situation had been solved.

The man simpered as Ahana walked over with her sword creaking on the floor. She wasn't feeling well. Her body had felt heavy on her. Every step she took, her legs trembled. Coming closer, she lost her balance and stumbled over. Her body collapsed on the floor unconscious.