Chapter 14

"I swear to God, I don't know anything" Ryan inhaled.

Ahana turned to the witch with a deep sigh. Ryan's eyes had spoken the truth, she had seen it.

But the witch who told her about Cain was a unknown person. Who can believe a stranger?

The lady grinned revealing her rotten teeth. She looked much more older and stressed out with her rotten body.

"There... There.. I just needed a good meal" she spoke and straightened her back as Ahana put her glare upon the lady.

"I know that for a witch, they can't lie but why did you do it?" Ahana placed the sword on her chin, making the lady's eyes meet hers.

"I know that if I lie, I'll die but this is the truth... He may not remember but his your way to Cain" the witch shivered.

" What are you talking about?" Ryan chipped in, confused.

Whatever the two ladies were talking,he never got a glimpse of the conversation. It was more terrifying when he's name would come up.

"Ryan" Ahana called. "Do you remember the spirit in the restaurant who attacked me?"

Ryan raised his fingers in the air, lost of words. "The dark figure?"

Ahana nodded.

"I don't really remember about it... The last I know that it disappeared into thin air and you were unconscious"

The witch started laughing... " If you think I'm lying then just kill me cause my suffers being a witch is Killing me anyway"

Ahana withdrew her sword and  tucked it on her back as she leaned in closer to the lady's face.

"I know that you are a enemy of Cain yourself and I'm not the one who's gonna kill him for you" Ahana mustered.

The witch growled on her face as if anger was raging in her blood. And it was.

Ahana is from the past and she knew exactly why the witch needs Cain to be dead.

"You will never be able to return home if you don't kill Cain" the witch spoke.  " Ryan Cain is the key to your enemy"

Ahana stopped as she gasped.

The witch started laughing as she slowly faded into the cold breeze.

Ahana had never imagined for Ryan to be the heir of the Cain.. He was the only key to Cain now.

"This is probably confusing.." Ryan said as he strolled down the street with Ahana.

They were now heading back to Craven's house. After the moment of Ahana explaining the situation, Ryan finally decided to tell Ahana about his background. The history of The Cain Family.

"I was only seven when my parents had died in a car accident."Ryan begun.  "My grandma though, she left out our mansion and we moved in to this town. And about your story, I'm sorry... I don't know anything about Cain..."

Ahana could see stress, fear, and sorrow in Ryan's eyes as she moved closer to tighten him in a hug.

"Cain is stuck here as well but I won't be able to go back if you don't help me" Ahana spoke while having him in  her arms.

Ryan broke the circle and shuffled his hands in the air as if trying to figure out words.

"But I still own the mansion. After my grandma died of heart attack, she lend me the property." He said.  " Do you want to come and see if you can find something about Cain?"

Ahana thought for awhile before she agreed.

"Yes, Cain must be hiding back in his mansion without another way out of this world... Where is your mansion?" Ahana asked.

" It's out of town in between the woods... It was more like a unknown mystery house" Ryan chuckled.

Ahana just gazed without laughing, Ryan stopped laughing upon her gaze.

Seconds later, Ahana burst out laughing and Ryan joined in.

It was done. Finally the television was settled and Nick laid on the couch free from his work.

How exhausted he felt, only he knew.

He's mind slowly focused on Ahana's beauty. She was just so beautiful and sexy. But Nick didn't get it. What was wrong with Ahana's brain?

In his thoughts, Ahana walked in the front door. She looked tired.

Nick climbed up the couch and sat, giving Ahana a seat beside him.

Before Ahana sat, she placed the sword under the couch.

"Why were you ? On a date?" Nick started throwing questions. "Did you go looking for Craven? Did you buy me something?"

Ahana sighed. She really never fits in with people these days.

"I was with Ryan... He's going to take me to his old mansion. From there I'll be able to open the portal and return home"

Nick stared dead at her face.

Whatever she said, it was flying over his head.

Ahana took a deep breath and leaned back as she niggled in her mourns.

Killing Cain was not easy. She had failed to many attempted kills on Cain. However never give up

Nick snapped his fingers on her face and she looked at him.

"So when are you leaving us?" Nick asked. Depressed.

"Ryan said he has a lot of work over here so I think we're going to go some other time" Ahana said. " Til then you can teach me about this world"

" Have you ever seen a TV?" Nick said and leaned over to the table to grab the remote.

As he did, he moved back on his seat and switched on the TV in front of them.

The modern technology, dreamt inside Ahana as she adjusted her flicking eyes to the characters on TV.

"Is this how you learn?" Ahana pattered on Nick's back.

Goading,Nick surely accepted the pattering on his back as he threw his head in Ahana's lap.

Surprised, Ahana looked at the little boy. She didn't mind him sleeping on her lap. 

But at this conclusion, Ahana felt guilty. Nick reminded her of Ernest.

Such pity that Ernest had to go through possession of the devil. She just hopes her kingdom to be in peace.