Chapter 8

Strolling down the eerie pathways, finding his way through the unknown passage. He stretched out his arms to feel the passage way form into a dark smoke. Covering his whole body, taking him to the other world. It was unexpected, the glossy outwards and shining stars still whispering into his ears. Compelling him to come along, the old woman who was in particularly unfamiliar. Chubby and glamoring eyes, features of a poor lady been driven into the smoke of dust. He had up his arms to grab the woman's hands, reaching for his. Something chortled, disappearing away with smoke and the woman out of chaos.

Craven gasped. Waking up from a bad dream, he started sweating. Who was that woman? Where was she been taken? Misery and mystery. He examined the living room, Nick was asleep on the mattress that was settled over the floor next to the couch. Craven sat up on the couch, it was dank. He yawned, quietly ambling over to the kitchen.

Its morning sunshine, but lazy people never get up early. Craven grabbed the cold water bottle from the fridge and took a sip of water. The cold and smoothing water ran down his esophagus, as satisfying it was. After few sips, Craven stretched out and placed the bottle back in the fridge.

Through the counter, he looked out to the living room. Seeing his television gone, he nearly had died. Nothing to pass time with and nothing to watch. Craven's blood started to boil as he rushed into his bedroom.

Banging it wide open, Craven stopped dead in his tracks. Ahana was asleep on his bed, almost unconscious. Her wound was draped over with Nick's towel. Blood had stained on the towel as Ahana shifted a little to the noise. 

Craven stepped back not willing to wake her up. He slowly crept out of the room and fell at ease.  You should have taken her to the hospital.. But if I did, then there be probably some consequences.  Besides, she's doing fine. Just let her sleep for some more.

Craven smirked as he crashed into Nick's sweet dreams. Jumping over his body, Craven repeatedly shook up Nick's head like a little girl. Best friend never grow old. Nick groaned as he pushed Craven away.

Craven pulled back over Nick's body.  "My television is gone and you're laying your butt in the mattress like nothing happened"

Nick dazzlingly examined over Craven's furious eyes. He sat up and yawned. "What.. did..you say?"

Craven dawdled and sat next to Nick, leaning back on the couch. "I still can't find my wallet.. Where is she?"

Nick furiously breathed and smiled at ease. "Why don't you ask her yourself?"

"My wallet is gone. My television is gone. Since Ahana has came here, everything in the house disappears."

"Good thing the television glass didn't injure anyone.. I disposed the shattered glasses along with the black rotten purse"

Craven flinched. "The black purse..?"

"Yeah, last night when Ahana and the thing had a fight. The television was damaged, when you were taking your hot shower in for hours. I figured I had to clean up the mess. So I did along with your wallet." Nick smirked. "By the way, thanks for the twenty bucks.. You don't really have much money, such a beggar"

"Give me my twenty dollar note" Craven ordered. Trying to strip off Nick's clothes in order to find his currency.

"Stop it..Its not in my.." Nick stopped when Craven's hands went down to his zipper. "Zipper..."

Laughter filled the room, not for long. One knock at the door gave shivers down them all.

"I'm Ryan.. I think Ahana lives here by any chance" The man in his police uniform told Craven. Then he turned to the specialist doctor standing behind him. "You can check her, Daniel"

They barged inside the house as Craven and Nick followed every step they took. Ryan examined each corners in the living room, the mattress was still out, complete mess. His lips pursed out as it amused him that they were sleeping in the floor.

The doctor in his middle age, rolling up his moustache. He headed in the dark room where Ahana was sound asleep. Ryan and the others followed up. Daniel stood by the bed and scrutinized the stained blood on the towel wrapped around Ahana's neck. And looked up at Ryan. "What attacked her?"

"It was dark, I didn't see.." Ryan replied. "Is it gonna spread?"

Daniel confronted him with a smile. "Not really but she needs to be treated or else the wound can kill her. I suggest you let me take her back to my private hospital"

"Wait" Nick invaded. "You barge in the house and you want to take her out without my permission."

Craven nudged  Nick. "Let them take her.. Its for the best"

"Why would you even say that?" Nick then turned to Ryan. "You can't take her away"

"And why would you say that?" Ryan smirked.

Nick paused for a moment and smiled. "She's my girlfriend"