Chapter 18

That was the time when time seemed like it had stopped. But it was just another trick of Cain's.

He had abducted Ahana for a reason. That particular reason that had left him questioning himself. 

In the Cain Mansion, all he saw were white dusty sheets draped over the furniture. Everything still smelt good and hygienic.

His eyes went stuck at the huge potrait inside the Master bedroom. The wall was painted dark to suit with the glamorous painting.

It was impossible. 

About another day, Craven was knocked out into outer space.

Drunk and out for hours, Ryan had a sleepover at Craven's house without knowing about his sister being alone with Nick all night.

As the beautiful morning sun gleamed over the curtains and captured out burning Craven's eyes.

He jumped up from his couch and stumbled toward the kitchen. The fridge was wide open. Yet he didn't notice because of the hangover.

He tried out a bottle of cold water, gulping down his esophagus. That freshness of water had satisfied his thirst.

Upon glancing around, he had noticed that his living room was pile of mess and Ryan was asleep on the floor beside the couch.

Finally, Craven freshened up into his visions from the club. Ahana's disappearance. 

"You up?" Nick yawned, grabbing himself the bottle of water from the fridge.

"Ahana's kidnapped?" Craven gulped his spit. "Last night?"

"Wha- ? " Nick rubbed his eyes and straighten his back. "Are you still drunk?"

Craven confuted on and explained the scene. 

Ahana gazed around the room and her eyes went dark. The master bedroom she was in had a dark wall with a potrait.

That potrait of ....

A legendary painting of two couples.  Ahana and Cain were standing close to eachother while staring right into Ahana's eyes.  It was old and dusty. 

Sparky and cranky.

"Stunned?" Cain asked walking inside the bedroom.

Ahana paced out her livid green eyes onto Cain's.  He was in a human form, handsome and pale.

"Cain?"

"Ahana This potrait had left me questioning myself... Why is that painting on that wall?" Cain asked.

"I don't understand" Ahana replied.

"What is this painting saying then?" Cain intruded. "I need to know"

Ahana pulled herself back to the painting interior and mused. She does not have her sword with her. Without the cutlass, she can not kill Cain. And to go back, Cain had to be defeated.

The stripped out glimpse of the sunlight rang out into Ryan's eyes. He was driving halfway into the Cain Mansion's compound.

The mansion was huge but old. It looked like a thousand years old. He buckled out and glanced back to his passengers.

Craven had almost died of the speed drive. He seemed quite unknown to the drive of cops chase.

Talha moved out and straightened her back with a big smile.  She had been planning this along. Cain knew her before Ryan. And so Cain had taken Talha for his suspicious acts.

Knowing, Talha agreed to the dark manipulation of Cain's.  This was what she was to do. To bring the sword of death to Cain.

None of the men had an clue. Talha calmy strolled into the mansion interior with Ryan and Craven and Nick following from behind.

She gasped open the door within a snap of her fingers.

"How did you do that?" Ryan asked intrigued.

"Maybe you don't know..." Talha spoke.

"Of course we don't know" Craven shouted.

"Ryan and I are the heirs of the Cain. So we inherit powers from our ancestors " Talha responded. "Grandma said that I was talented and so I received that strength from Cain"

Craven facepalmed. What was it with powers and legends? He never got any of it.

Even to his surprise, He had encountered many spirits on his life.  Only since Ahana came along.

"So you have supernatural powers?" Nick pointed out. "Its cool babe"

"Bbba..babbe?" Ryan stuttered.

"Nick and I are dating" Talha responded.

"This girl is full of surprises" Craven indirectly rolled his eyes. "Well should we go inside or just hang out in the doorway like idiots"

This inhabitants mansion had been missing alot of friends.

And now that people came along, there is going to be more.

It was just lonely for only one person. She had been living in the mansion Without any noise or friends.

And even starving.

Ages had gone by and she was still in that Cain mansion waiting for sacrifices of human beings.

Unfortunate, she never got to be involved with the humans.

It was just because of manipulating little children and then feeding on their intestines.

Delicious human meat.

Female and Male fragrances made her swallow them in one gulp. But patience had to be there.

All she needs to is wait. And then the food is going to be ready by dinner.

"Do I sense human in my mansion?" She said.

Look at those adorable human beings... so tasty.

With a big smile, she bowed down in respect.

Craven's eyes went wide upon the glance of the old lady. She was very kind and pretty.

"We're here to meet Cain" Talha responded.

The lady's smile suddenly disappeared.  Then she turned around and stomped her feet.

"Is everything okay?" Ryan asked.

She needs to feed but with Cain in the mansion, she can not take over. Cain was the one who brought her back to the living world but only to serve him.

With another creepy grin, she turned to the gang.

"Cain is sleeping right now" she replied. "Why don't you relax yourselves in the couch?"

Craven yawned and hurried himself into the couch. He sat and gestured Nick to take a seat beside. Nick did so.

"I'll make a good meal outta ya" the woman spoke and disappeared into the kitchen.

Starlted, Craven turned to Nick.

" did she say make a good meal outta us?" Craven asked.

"Well... I haven't heard that much" Nick replied.

"What did you even hear?" Craven spoke annoyed.

Nick shrugged it off. 

The meal will be ready in few minutes.

The lady's saliva dripped out from her mouth as she peaked on the human seated on the couch. She was invited to their taste. Juicy and pleasant.

Cain?