Chapter 22

"How was your sleep last night?" Talha asked sipping from her cup of coffee.

Nick was seated across from her on the coffee table outside of the Cafeteria. He had a pale face. Probably thinking of the betrayal step Talha had done.

"Why did you pass Cain Ahana's sword?" Nick asked intrigued. His glaze stayed on her eyes.

Talha paused. She didn't want to share but there was no choice.

"Cain is one of our ancestors and so is Ahana. They were rivals." Talha said and took another sip from her coffee. " My grandma had told us a tale known as Shadows of the dead. It was a tale of supernatural creatures. You don't know about it but Ryan and I are the only heir left from that tale. We are children of Cain's children. This family generation moves on."

" Huh?" Nick sighed. Staring at her like everything went above his head.

"Nick, don't mistake me. I did it because he had ordered me to do so. But I was the one who betrayed him not you. Trust me" She placed her palm over his hands on the table.

Nick took her hands in his and kissed it. "I believe you and I trust you."

"This powers that I have. I'm gifted from my ancestors. Ryan isn't." Talha began explaining. " There is a old museum out of this town. I went there and what I saw you will be paralyzed from it. It holds the future and no one can know what it is."

" What did you see?"

" I can't tell anyone. It is something to do with the past. And if I tell you, everything that exists now will be vanished." Talha replied caressing his hands in hers.

"Is it to do with Ahana?" Nick asked.

Talha nodded in silence. It was a secret. Nick never knew. Craven doesn't know. Nobody knows.

The streetlights reflected on Ahana's livid green eyes as she strolled down the pathway. She took the zebra crossing under the moonlight and paced over to Ryan's grandma's small house.

It was in the neighborhood, alongside the roadway. She found the place after manipulating Ryan in the day to tell the location.

Ahana had her sword tucked in tight beside her and her hair in a ponytail. She still had Craven's t-shirt and jeans on. It fitted her well.

She trailed up the pouch steps and stopped outside the front door. It was locked. She lightly knocked.

"Who is there?" An old groggy and weak voice came out. 

"Are you Katherine Cain?" Ahana asked. "I need to speak with you"

The door squeaked open and a frizzy white hair and small face peaked outside. The woman had a melting sight. She looked excited as soon as she saw Ahana.

The old lady wide opened the door and praised Ahana as she gave her a respect bow. Although she could not bow down, she did it anyway.

The old woman had worn a light pink night dress and warm shoes.

"My great grandma..." The old lady spoke.

"Whoa, I'm not even married. Stop this respect bow please" Ahana helped the lady stand up.  " Now Katherine, tell me about the Cain Mansion"

Katherine sat back on the couch and relaxed. She closed her eyes and sighed. The effects of oldness was showcasing inside her.

"You are the Queen and he is the king of the Cain Mansion. " Katherine spoke. 

" How is that possible? "

"You had told me this story yourself when I was only fifteen years old. You  still looked young although you were ninety six. My mom had left me in the Cain Mansion with you while she went out. You were taking care of me, always.   Even great grandpa looked young even though he was older."

" How did it all go there? " Ahana asked confused.

"You and Cain were married"

A big question she asked herself. That is what happens when you leave the past to live in the future.

The thoughts lingered in Craven's head as he sat in front of the TV and stared directly in the blank vision. Be didn't even notice that someone had entered his house.

Robbers would be delighted to rob the house and him because he was in his own Disney Land.

Ghosts would love to creep him but be creeped out themselves to no response from him.

Ahana needs to go back. Her castle will be destroyed.

"What you watching?" Nick asked out of nowhere.

Craven didn't seem surprised as he turned to Nick, standing by the couch.

"I'm just a little tired. Ever since Ahana is here, things have gotten strange. " Craven responded.

" Strange?" Nick pointed out. " You talking about strange now?"

"You're probably my best friend who knows me very well. Do you think if Ahana leaves, will I die again?"

" Idiot, she revived you. You won't die if she leaves, will you?" Nick's eyes looked concerned.

Craven sighed, " I don't know but I think she is going to leave"

" No, I don't care if you die but if she goes. I won't be able to live." Nick joked.  " Ahana is a very nice person, you were all bad to her and all of a sudden you two get together without telling me. Tell me how I feel?"

" How the hell should I know?" Craven shrugged. " Ahana hadn't came back since she left. Do you know where she went?"

" How the hell should I know?" Nick responded.

" I know what you're playing here. Playing my tricks against me,huh?" Craven said. 

The front door burst open and Ahana was thrown inside with her back stabbed by a dagger. She crawled to the wall and sat up, struggling to take out the dagger behind her as a huge dark man paced inside. His shadow reflected on the wooden floor as he entered.

The man had put on a hood, his eyes were dark black and he had a huge axe. Craven's and Nick's eyes rolled around the multiple shadows crossing the room.

"This must be it" the man said.