2022, Jul 28 - Yoongi (It's My Fault Hoseok Was Gone)

[Places: Workroom, hospital, railroad, bus stop, music shop]

I could finally manage to get up in the afternoon. I suffered from severe chills for two days after coming down from the mountain. I couldn't remember any details from those two days. I trembled and shivered with fever. I sometimes came back to myself but quickly lost it again. My sheet was soaking wet. I still felt giddy.

I stepped out of my workroom, trying to keep myself steady. I went to the hospital to get an IV fluid and then stuffed food in my mouth. But I threw it all back up. I read Jimin's message while I was rinsing my mouth out in the restroom. Although, the number next to the message went down, there were no replies.

I walked along the railroad and arrived at the bus stop. There was an unfinished building in the distance. The construction had been halted for months. The music shop was slightly up the hill after passing by that building.

I stopped in front of the music shop. There was no crackling sound of flames or a clumsy, slow piano performance. I didn't have the energy to bend down, pick up a stone, and throw it. The whole thing seemed like the distant past and made me wonder if it had really happened. I could see a piano through the show window.

"Don't you see we're all hurting too? Don't you see that?" That was what Hoseok said the other day.

The memories of that day were all tangled up in my head. But I distinctly remembered that Hoseok was somewhat different. It wasn't the first time that Hoseok had been angry with me. He'd never been on such edge, but he had always pushed, pulled, and encouraged me every time I fell. Why did it feel different?

I opened Jimin's message again.

"Where are you, Hoseok hyung?"

Several hours had passed, but Hoseok hadn't replied. I could see that I'd let him down. It felt as if something inside me was flopping and thumping around. Hoseok often got angry and pushed us. But he'd never lapsed into silence or looked the other way. He was the one who always paved the way for me to come back no matter how far astray I'd gone.

Not this time. It seemed irrevocable this time.