2022, Aug 2 - Jimin (Getting Yoongi Hyung)

[Places: hagwon (academy), Yoongi's place]

Where is everyone?

I got the text from Taehyung in our chatroom while I was in class at hagwon. I put down my pen and held the phone with both hands. The text was read by everyone in no time. Maybe we had all been waiting for this moment.

Soon, Seokjin hyung will reach out to us. When he does, I'll text everyone back for all of us to meet.

When Taehyung has sent us this text, I half believed and half doubted. I wondered if that day would ever come. But I nodded, hoping it would.

We all did. It wasn't really a promise. It was what we hoped for. I was sure it was the same for Taehyung. I

packed my backpack and left. Some looked at me, puzzled. As I was leaving my hagwon, my phone kept ringing with incoming text messages. Taehyung said he was going to meet up with Seokjin hyung at the closed down swimming pool, and and he would swing by Namjoon hyung container and Songju Station and head out to school. He wanted to go to the beach, but that would take too long. Namjoon hyung said he'd join us at the container. Hoseok hyung said he'd be late and meet us at Songju Station.

The text indicated that one person hadn't read it yet. I wrote in haste: I will go get Yoongi hyung.

I turned at the corner. If someone hadn't read the text yet, it had to be Yoongi hyung. I felt a breeze blowing from somewhere. I quickened my steps. I felt I should hurry. I ran up the stairs.

"Hyung?" I knocked, hearing the music coming from his room.

The door was open. Sitting on the sofa, Yoongi hyung stared at me, wondering why I was there when I should be in hagwon.