12 | the men of easy company

" The most memorable moments in our life are special not because of the place or time, it's because of the person with whom we experience happiness

" The most memorable moments in our life are special not because of the place or time, it's because of the person with whom we experience happiness."

- Hema

✰✰✰

 The man didn't hesitate to launch himself into a hug around Catherine's neck.

" Oh come on, George you're scaring her." a tiny Italian said as he pulled 'George' back.

" Sorry, I got excited." 'George' said with a smile on his face, " Well I suspect you two deserve hugs as well." And George didn't hesitate to walk over and wrap his arms around Hazel and pull her close in a warm hug before doing the same to Lizzie who was equally as surprised.

" Quite the welcome." Lizzie commented as George stepped back and laughed.

" Only the best for the Easy Company Viragos." George said.

" George.....?" Lizzie asked him and he smiled as the rest of the men watched him.

" The very own George Luz from Rhode Island." George said with another smile as the girls all seemed to smile in their own ways.

" Or the annoying asshole which ever you prefer." the tiny Italian said as the girls laughed.

" Alright, alright, Frank, enough with the asshole." George said giving the tiny man an annoyed shove.

" Besides those two, these are some of the best men in the Airborne, some of the finest. But just wait until you have to start living with them, it's a shit show." another man said as he walked up to the women with a smirk on his smug face, " I'm Joe Toye."

" Like you're any better." George puffed out. Joe rolled his eyes.

" Welcome to Easy," Joe offered as the NCOs slowly made their way to their beds or leaning against posts, " you all want to close your jaws and actually introduce yourselves?" Hazel watched as there were introductions, and shaking hands as well as laughter and talking.

" This is the sniper, Shifty," a voice said and Hazel looked over her shoulder and watched as Floyd was pushing someone toward her, who was looking at Floyd, rather annoyed.

" Hi," Hazel said.

" I have 2 feet, Tab." 'Shifty' said with a soft southern accent. Floyd just chuckled and patted his shoulder.

" Snipers and their southern accents, am I right?" Floyd said as both Hazel and 'Shifty' watched him. He got no response.

" Right, ok, Shifty, Hazel, Hazel, Shifty." Floyd said quickly as Hazel looked at Shifty and shook his soft hand, where he smiled a perfect smile her way.

" Darrell Powers, ma'am, but they call me Shifty around here." Shifty said as they shook hands and her face heated. Again with the ma'am.

" She doesn't seem to like to be called that Shifty, c'mon." Floyd said nudging his shoulder as Shifty's own face turned a shade of red.