43 | moving out

" The truly brave are soft of heart and eyes, and feel for what their duty bids them do

" The truly brave are soft of heart and eyes, and feel for what their duty bids them do."

- Lord Bryon

✰✰✰

In the middle of September, the company began to see the weather change and the nights started becoming chillier, but that didn't mean the pubs were closed. Almost every free night, they were at the pub, hanging out and talking and drinking. Most people were trying to forget the events of Normandy. Hazel and Joe had arrived at the pub on a brisk night in September as they came from the barracks, where they had started a rather hectic game of footsie before annoying basically everyone. There might've been a broken bunk or two. 

" You broke it." scoffed Hazel as she received the coke from the bartender.

" Oh, I broke it. Who launched herself straight into it?" Joe asked with a smirk. Hazel frowned at him.

" I had to or you'd win." Hazel countered. Joe smirked.

" But it's my fault?" Joe said.

" If I hadn't done that, you would've won." Hazel said. Joe snickered as Hazel smirked shaking her head.

" So, are we just going to let Bill sleep on that bunk and have it break in the middle of the night?" Hazel asked glancing at Joe. Joe felt a smirk crawl up on his face.

" Hell yeah." Joe said holding out his hand to shake. Hazel grinned shaking his hand. A few harmless jokes never hurt anyone. Lizzie was currently in what felt like a yelling match with Smokey, Tab and Shifty, just listening to Tab try to explain the plot of Casablanca to Smokey who asked a question just about every 5 seconds. Shifty seemed to be drinking more, trying to lessen the yelling in his ears.

" Tab you've explained it 5 times, it's ok if he doesn't get it. You usually have to watch movies to understand them better." Lizzie said, putting a hand to her head.

" I'm visual Tab." Smokey countered.

" He's visual." Lizzie said.

" Sorry Elizabeth I didn't know." Tab muttered as Lizzie shook her head with a smirk.

" Maybe you just didn't explain it right." Lizzie told him.

" I think I'd know if I explained-" Tab froze and the trio watched as his eyes caught on a pretty nurse.

" If you'd excuse me one moment, hi how are you?" Tab standing and taking the woman's hand and kissing the back of it gently. Tab gently led her away as the group looked at each other and snickered.

" Did Tab seriously just do that?" a voice asked and the three looked up to see Alton walking over with two drinks and a smoke on his lips.

" Are you surprised?" Lizzie asked with a raised brow.