introduction to the soldier of stars

" Alternate History Based Genre "

This story is a form of Historical Fiction in an Alternate History sense, just so you all understand! <3

‣ 。☾ ⁎ 。

The year is 1942.

The world as been at war since September 1st, 1939, when the German Army, the Wehrmacht invaded Poland.

The United States of America opted to stay out of the war for as long as they possibly could, remaining neutral and fueling both sides of the war, seemingly, with supplies, continuing their trade market and keep up with their economy.

Then on December 7th, 1941, the Imperial Japanese Army bombed Pearl Harbor in Hawaii.

Men were sent off to war, as they signed up at every depot in towns big and small across the United States to fight for their country, to fight for what they believed was right. They came from all different backgrounds, coming together for the same cause. To fight in the war of the world. Men, however, were not the only people to fight in this war.

Women, though behind the front lines, were accepted into various places where they could put their work to use. Women began working in factories, producing mass amounts of supplies for the soldiers fighting oversees and preparing for war.

However, women were not thought of to go to the front lines because of public opinion on the matter.

So, the government decided it was best to not let a soul know of what they had decided to do.

Each military branch of the United States contacted each organization, asking for women who would be willing to risk their lives on the front lines, fighting alongside men.

And nobody would know.

Not a soul of the American public would know. It would be covered up quickly.

Young women who were already in services for women at the time were the target. They were to tell their families that they were being trained in their respected branch alongside men for the greater cause, but no one else was supposed to know except their families.

The men they fought alongside would not be able to tell a soul that they were fighting with women. Or it could be punishable by death if they told anyone else outside of their company that they were fighting with a woman.

Women of all areas were contacted.

Women came from the WAC, WAVES, SPARs, and Nurses' Corps, as well as the American Red Cross, WASPs, OSS, and the Civil Air Patrol.

Women who had already been involved, flocked to be a part of this new idea.

But the acceptance rate was small.

Military leaders and the US political leaders knew that they couldn't let it get out of hand, they'd need a handful from each group spread throughout different Regiments, Divisions and Companies, fighting alongside men.

Quickly, women from all ranges were brought into the military, to train and then fight alongside men. Many of the women, were risking their lives for a taste of what the front lines were like, but military and political leaders alike were willing to risk it, because public opinion would not be involved. All documentation would be kept safe and not spread to the public.

The women weren't allowed to go out and participate in activities outside of camp and were told to remain in bounds of where they train.

It was risky in many ways, but it would become one of the most successful integrations of women into war in the 20th century.

‣ 。☾ ⁎ 。

NOTE: I know that many of these organizations were not created until 1942 and 1943, but since this is an Alternate History genre, I'm going with the idea that these organizations for women have been around since the start of the entire world war in 1939. The 3 women who I've picked to portray in this account of Historical Fiction and Alternate History come from 3 of these different organizations and that will be expressed throughout the story!