ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥 𝟚 - 𝔻𝕚𝕒𝕘𝕠𝕟 𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕪

8 a.m

"(Y/n)."

The girl in question yawned in response as she tossed, and turned.

"(Y/n), my dear."

A loud groggle was heard from under the blankets.

"Oh dear girl, wake up this instant," (F/n) huffed, shaking his daughter awake.

"Please let me sleep, dad," the young child pouted, and turned away, her squinting eyes shutting close once again.

"Don't you want to visit Diagon Alley to get your things?"

Now that definitely had her sitting up in a second.

"YES."

She rushed into her bathroom, swiftly grabbing a toothbrush. The man chuckled as he watched her try to multi-task, later going back into his room after he told her she has time on her hands. Finishing her daily necessities in a shorter time than usual, she put on whichever outfit she could find to run down to the dining area, and have breakfast.

"Hi mother," (Y/n) smiled, sitting down as fast as she could.

Her mother turned around, grinning, "Hi dearest. I was waiting for you to come down."

(Y/n) nodded in answer, quickly shoving the pancakes into her mouth.

"Oh Merlin, someone's excited. You need to slow down, darling,"the woman patted her head, walking away with a dishcloth in hand.

"We both know I've been waiting for this day, mom," the girl grinned with puffed cheeks, still full with pancakes.

Her mother could only prop her arms on her hips before she burst out laughing, "Okay okay, go clean up."

"Yes, ma'am."

10.am

(Y/n) grabbed onto her dad's hand, skipping in excitement. "Dad, when are we going to get there?"

Her dad smiled back down at her, "We're almost there, hun."

The duo walked around for a bit until the "Leaky Cauldron" came into view. Upon seeing the eerie sign, the young girl looked around in confusion but made no complaint. As they entered quietly, she glanced between her dad, and the vicious-looking men, seated at their tables.

Why are they looking at us?

"Dad? What are we doing here? I thought we're supposed to go to Diagon Alley ," she nervously said, feeling intimidated by all the stares and whispers that they got.

"We'll be there soon, darling." "Okay.."

Her confusion heightened when they walked out the back door, coming face to face with a brick wall. She looked up at her dad, who immediately winked at her with a cheeky grin. Then, he turned towards the obstacle, murmuring, "Now let me see, which one was it. Ah yes, this."

Immediately after he pressed a particular brick, the young female gasped, her mouth dropping while the wall shifted quickly, brick by brick, opening an entrance to what she has known as "Diagon Alley". Her facial expression said it all - she was simply at a loss for words.

"C'mon dearest, let's go get your books first," her father said, pulling her along the cobble path. In this scenario, it was no surprise that (Y/n) basically gaped at everything.

There were children her age (or if not, older) pressing their hands onto the glass, drooling at a broom. There were people picking their pets, and kids skipping happily into Honeydukes, a well-known candy shop. There were witches, and wizards waving their wands around excitedly, and it seemed as if they'd just gotten their very first wand. Who wouldn't feel elated?

Soon, the man dropped young (Y/n) off at a book store, together with a list of books to buy.

"Don't go anywhere until I come back okay?"

The girl nodded obediently, "Of course, father."

An exchange of waves occurred before she walked into the store.

(Y/n) walked around on the second floor, trying to find the last book on her list, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them". She'd spotted the rest of the volumes 15 minutes ago, with the help of her excitedly wandering eyes. She really wanted to look at the other non school-related books as well, it was a rare chance to be here after all.

Just then, her book seemed to glimmer as she spotted it on a shelf, which was a few rows back. The girl ran to it happily, glad that she had time to spare, and gently grabbed the book - only to find another hand placed on its spine before hers.

She frowned, instantly looking at the person who happened to be staring at her first. He had slicked back platinum blond hair, and grayish blue eyes, to her surprise. The girl blankly stared before her cheeks struck pink, and she retracted her hand as he did the same.

"I'm so sorry," she started. "You can have the book."

The young lady wanted to run away, and hide at that moment. She didn't want him to think she was planning to steal his book, let alone touch his hand with utmost excitement. Planning to walk away, she quickly bowed, and started to turn when the boy took a hold of the book, and pushed it into her hands.

"It's okay, I didn't know you wanted it. Here," he muttered.

"Uh, thank you," (Y/n) mumbled. "Now, I really must go-"

"(Y/N)!" a voice yelled, making her jump.

She gritted her teeth, "See what I mean? I will see you on the train..or maybe at Hogwarts, I hope."

Smiling a bit, embarrassed, she waved to the boy before running to her dad downstairs.

The boy could only hold up a hand, and wave lightly in reply.

"Oh my great blazing balls of fire- I'm so sorry," (Y/n) gasped, returning the wand quickly to the shop owner.

Apparently, the light bulbs had all been broken when she swished the wand. The first two wands weren't so great either. The first one caused the boxes to fall off the shelves, and hit Mr. Ollivander on the head, and let's just say the second wand was equally a catastrophe.

"Oh my - it's okay, dear, maybe this wand will suit you, seeing that it's almost similar to your mom's. Oh, I could still remember her coming here to get her first wand," the sheepish man placed another wand on the girl's palm, his composure never faltering once. Something tells her he's way too used to this.

 The girl said nothing but squeezed her eyes close, and flicked the wand, unsure what to expect. She really didn't want to cause more trouble, she had a feeling she'd probably rip the entire shop off the face of earth if she had to try out more wands. She was pleased when a light breeze whirled around her though.

"There you go," the shop owner said, smiling kindly as he admired his work. " Sycamore wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13, and slightly springy flexibility. That'll be 7 galleons. Thank you, my dear."