ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥 𝟙𝟚 - ℍ𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕎𝕚𝕟𝕘

(Y/n) shot up in fright, cold beads of sweat dripping down her forehead. She winced as she sat up, her arms aching and her legs feeling no difference. Her eyes burned, immensely straining as they squinted, adjusting to the bright light.

(Y/n) held her head, which was still thrumming unbearably. She huffed out a breath she didn't know she was holding, Why does it hurt everywhere?

But just as the girl turned her head to the left to look around, she fell back onto the bed, feeling weirdly exhausted. However, she had already caught a glimpse of the white furniture, the thought of the Hospital Wing entering her mind. Why am I here? (Y/n) grimaced, trying to recall her memories.

She could barely remember what had happened. The poor girl was so confused and weary, not knowing the time, the day or the week but she decided that it couldn't have been that long since she fainted. Deciding to catch up on some rest, she closed her eyes, trying to loosen up a bit until help arrives. Just then, the doors flew open, right on time, revealing Madam Pomfrey.

The nurse instantly rushed towards (Y/n)'s bed, placing a hand on her patient's forehead to check for a high temperature. But luckily for the young girl, she wasn't sick at all (even if she felt like she was). (Y/n)'s eyes fluttered open, staring up at the relieved elderly woman's face. Surprisingly, the school's matron looked like she hasn't slept for days! Her wrinkly skin was pale, her eyelids hanging at half mast and there were dark bags under her usual electric blue eyes. (Y/n) couldn't help but furrow her eyebrows, worrying for the older woman but she instantly regretted doing so when she felt her headache pounding even harder.

Madam Pomfrey let out a sigh upon seeing that the Slytherin girl was doing better than before, and got up, just to rapidly walk out the door of the Hospital Wing. (Y/n) didn't know where she was headed to but she figured it was important. She was sure Madam Pomfrey needed to fetch a thing or two.

After a few minutes, her suspicions were proved to be correct, once Professor Dumbledore entered through the giant doors. She didn't really expect the headmaster to come in but nevertheless, at least she had some company. (Y/n) squirmed a little, making herself feel at home when she felt the end of her bed, sinking with weight.

A soft murmur vanquished the comfortable silence, "Are you alright, Miss Sylferth?"

(Y/n) looked up from fiddling with her hands, just to see the professor smiling kindly at her.

"I feel tired. But I'll be alright, thank you."

The headmaster nodded. The peaceful silence, filling the air once more until (Y/n) decided to ask the man, "Why did I faint, professor? What happened?"

Dumbledore kept quiet for a second, perhaps she has not recovered completely yet.

He hummed, choosing his words carefully, "You were at the quidditch match, yes, Miss Sylferth?"

(Y/n) cast her gaze to the sheets, trying to remember.

"I.. was, professor."

Dumbledore smiled in acknowledgement, "Yes. And it seems your powers had worn you out."

Now (Y/n) was confused.

"Powers, professor?"

Dumbledore nodded solemnly, "Yes, powers."

(Y/n) squinted, "Tell me more? What powers? What do you mean by 'worn me out'? What did I do? What actually happened?"

"One at a time, my dear child," Dumbledore chuckled, putting a stop to her frantic mannerisms. "Your family name. Sylferth. You're the descendant of Edern, Miss (Y/n). Of course, everyone knows that. But what I'd seen that day, was beyond marvelous."