ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥 𝟙𝟛 - 𝕊𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝔻𝕒𝕪

(A/n): THIS IS A BIT BORING. And also, may be too fast paced.

"How in the world do you pronounce this?"

(Y/n) grumbled, now alone in the Slytherin girl dormitories. It was lunch time in the great hall, but here she was, trying to read or maybe even learn some of the ancient spells of her great ancestor. She thought it'd be good to have a headstart since there was a lot to cover. So, (Y/n) told her friends to go on without her, saying she wasn't really hungry, in order for them to leave her alone for a bit. You see, she was discharged a few days ago, after she convinced a very skeptical Madam Pomfrey that she had totally recovered from her little incident.

So now that she'd regained enough energy, she was trying out her first spell (at least while knowing what she was supposed to be doing):

'Pagglesi - movement: curl your hand into a fist slowly, focusing on the object you wish to compress. This spell allows you to compress anything, from non-living things to even living things without it actually being on your palm.'

There was a little note at the bottom of the paragraph, which (Y/n) suspected was written by her ancestor himself. It said, 'After mastering the incantation, there'll be no need to focus on the object, and the spell does not need to be said.'

Even if it sounded quite easy to perform, it was terribly not, in reality. (Y/n) sighed in defeat after trying for the eighth time that day. She was tired and it was taking up so much of her energy but after a little while of resting, she was determined to try again. She wasn't one to give up just like that.

(Y/n) blinked, her eyes falling onto the empty bottle of water once again. She was getting frustrated with the hard spell but figured she'd get it soon enough.

Her eyebrows furrowed as her eyes burned with concentration, her lips whispering the words that she now know by heart. Her mind paid careful attention to her hand, trying to do the movement right. But after a few minutes, nothing happened, causing the girl to fall back in her bed. Why can't I get it? she thought, groaning in annoyance. She was almost getting desperate.

Suddenly the sound of the door opening alerted her, causing her to sit up instantly in alarm. Her eyes wide like a deer's in the headlights. Josie and Millie entered the room, cautiously walking over to their beds. They stopped by the girl's.

"Are you alright, (Y/n)? You look frightened. Are you not feeling well?" Millie asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

(Y/n) murmured tiredly, "Yes I'm fine. Thank you, Millie. I'm just a bit jumpy."

(Y/n) was now in transfiguration, sitting beside Hugo who was ever-so-slightly yawning at Professor McGonagall's lecture. The girl was sure everyone was pretty much falling asleep. However, she herself wasn't paying attention either. She had the book Dumbledore had given her, under the actual transfiguration book, sneakily reading its contents while trying to learn a new spell. She promised herself that she'd get back to the crushing spell as soon as possible, and decided to move on to a much easier incantation.

Although it was basically the same one she had cast at the Hospital Wing, she wanted to learn how to control flames, and not just make randomly-sized fireballs and throw them at people.

(Y/n) muttered "Aenterwore" over and over again, trying to cast something on her hand as her concentration got more fierce each second. At least half an hour must've passed by when she finally felt a tiny little spark on her skin.

Her eyes quickly snapped down to her palm, just to see a tiny flame sitting on top of her index finger. She grinned excitedly at her little creation, tempted to run over to Professor Dumbledore's office to show him that she'd managed to do it on her own without any emotional influence this time. But she obviously couldn't dash out of a lecture so she kept quiet, doing a happy victory dance in her mind. But the effort and casting must've worn her out because she huffed and fell to the side, using Hugo as a pillar of support.

She wanted to sit upright but she couldn't. It was too exhausting to do so. Hugo let out a chuckle when she lifted her head up just to gently push her back down again, to tell her it was alright. (Y/n) sighed, not refusing anymore and made herself comfortable. She zoned out, leaning into his touch when she suddenly realized that her eyes must've looked a little different. That made her squeeze them shut.

She didn't really know if it had affected her face but maybe it didn't because Hugo probably would've known by now if it did. (Y/n) sighed once again. This was going to be a long day.

Surprisingly, after transfiguration class ended, Hugo immediately took off, pulling (Y/n) out of the room. He obviously had something planned. He joyously laughed when he realised she struggled to keep up with him. Maybe he lost his marbles after all, (Y/n) sighed, letting her best friend drag her away.

The girl was too tired to be running again, but didn't say anything, wanting to see where her friend was going. They passed through many corridors and stairs, many rooms and portraits, as the people in the pictures stared after the two of them like they were insane. They pushed through crowds of students and after a few more minutes of running, the pair finally stopped at the courtyard on the ground floor of Hogwarts.

(Y/n) fell to the ground, doubled over with a wheezing breath, groaning in pain, "What the bloody hell, Hugo? Really? The courtyard? Just for all those running?"

She thought it was some kind of emergency. They really could've taken the moving stairs or even teleported with a spell. Such a moron, (Y/n) huffed.

Hugo grinned, "But it was fun, wasn't it? Now c'mon."

He hopped off the path of cobblestones and sat down on the nearest bench on the green grass. "Why are you on the ground? Come sit down," he patted the spot next to him.

Is this guy for real? And is it just me or is everyone else so much faster than I am? I'm like a freakin' snail, (Y/n) tsked.

She reluctantly got up and sat down after she took a deep breath, still feeling like she'd just ran a marathon, "Now do tell me what is up."

She grumbled slightly, still a little bit pissed at the male who cheekily hung an arm around her shoulder. Hugo smiled, poking at her face, "C'mon sweetcheeks. Don't be mad. I'm sorry. Can't I hang out with my bestest friend in the whole wide world?"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, "Now you definitely want something. Go on, what is it?"

Hugo sighed, rolling his own, "I just need help with some spells in transfiguration, please don't kill me-"

"You could've just asked for it! And we could've gone to the library. God, you made me run at least ten thousand miles for this. You'll regret this, mister."

Hugo couldn't help but laughed at her outburst, "Sure, I will, miss- ow! Must you do that every time?"

Time skipped

"Hugo! No, not like that, you idiot- merlin, why?"

The boy in question was now doubling over in laughter while (Y/n) rested her hands on her hips, annoyed at what the Hugo'd done. Her appearance was that of a clown's, with frilly rainbow hair and Hugo himself had a red circle nose.

"Change it back! I look horrendous!"

The male only chuckled at her words, flicking his wand again to make their abnormal appearance disappear.

"No you don't, love. You always look good," Hugo playfully winked, quick to retort.

"Blah blah, yes oka-"

"You do! You really do! I think you look pretty."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes, half in dismissal, half in I'll-punch-you-in-the-throat-ness, "So now you're deciding to suck up to me huh?"

Hugo made a pfft sound, "Of course not, why would I? ..But in all honesty, I never needed help - I just wanted to hang out with you-"

The young boy dodged before (Y/n) could hit him again, he really knew her what her reaction would be by now. His roaring laughter rang in the air, and his hands could be seen flailing around like a child's as he ran off - the girl only sitting on the same spot he left her in, stunned. This idiot.

(A/n): I'd like to thank the people who had added this book to their reading list and the people who had commented. I really appreciate it. I basically jump in happiness when I see those type of notis! I love you all! Have a great day!