Chapter nine:

Vic's POV

          I sat on the chair next to Mallory's bed, watching the monitors keep a steady pace. Doctors came in periodically to check on her, and it seems she was doing alright. I never put her hand down. I was looking through her phone, when a doctor walked in and smiled at me. He glanced at her charts, monitors, fluid levels, and morphine dosages. His face grew weary, and a little spooked.

"Is she alright?" I asked.

"She's fine, but the morphine is putting her into a coma." He said, rushing around. I jumped out of my chair as a few other doctors came in. Mallory's phone rang in my hand. Mercy by Kanye West started playing, and Amber's contact icon popped up.

"Sir, please take that outside or silence it." A nurse said, while the doctors talked frantically to each other over Mallory. I silenced the call and texted her.

Amber: Hey, Mal, what's going on?

Me: Amber, it's Vic. We're at the hospital.

Amber: Is she okay? What happened last night?

Me: She's in a morphine-induced coma and I'm not sure. The doctors are working on her now.

Amber: I'll be up there in a few minutes.

They wheeled Mallory out, her heart monitor spiking.

"Mallory!" I yelled, running after her. The doctors were running her through large doors. A few doctors stayed behind to hold me back, but I was pushing through.

"Mallory!" I kept calling, trying to get through the doctor's arms. Security showed up, and I finally gave up, my eyes tearing up.

"If something happens to her..." I threatened. I felt a hand grab by arm, and pull me back. I turned around, and there was Mike, and everyone else behind him. They all looked worn, worried, and tired.

"Hey, Vic, she's going to be alright. I promise." Tony said, behind Mike.

"How do you know? For all we know, she could be dying right now." I whispered, letting a tear fall.

"If I know anyone better than myself, it's my own sister." Tony said, patting my shoulder. I looked up at him, and he looked doubtful, but his eyes gave off a different glow. He knew she was going to pull through. He could feel it deep down in his stomach. Maddie, Alan's girlfriend, walked up and she gave us all a weak smile. Austin glared at her.

"What's up with Maddie and Austin?" I whispered to Jaime.

"No one likes Maddie." Jaime whisper-sneered.

"How come?" I asked, looking at him.

"She hates Alan being in Of Mice. She wants him all to herself, and you know how that goes." Jaime smirked, shaking his head. I laughed. Jaime's ex was like that. I heard the sound of combat boots running, and I looked up. Amber was running towards us. She ran up to me and hugged me.

"Is she okay? Where did they take her?" She asked, looking at me with a tear soaked face.

"I really don't know." I said, trying to reassure her. She looked at Mike and smiled. He smiled back. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll explain later." He mouthed to me.

*

It had been a few hours, and Mike, Tony, Amber, and I had stayed behind at the hospital, while everyone went back to the buses. I pulled my phone out, and updated my fans of Twitter.

@piercethevic: For our fans in Colorado, we're sad to announce that the show tonight will be cancelled due to a family emergency. At the end of the tour, we will be circling around to give you guys your show :)