Chapter sixteen:

Mallory's POV

         I didn't drive home. And I knew that someone would come looking for me, and that would be the first place they would go. Instead, I drove over to Amber's house. It was empty, and I parked my car in the driveway. I clutched my phone in my hand, the tears making it hard to see. I reached under the welcome mat and found the key. I unlocked the door and stumbled inside. I flicked a light on, sobbing. I grabbed 3 whiskey bottles, a box of Oreos, strawberry flavored Powerade Zero, and ran up the stairs. I flung the door open to a room and sat on the bed, and found the TV remote. As the TV luminated the room, I saw this was the room that Amber made for me. In our houses, we both had a room for each other. I saw my band posters, the same black duvet comforter that was on the bed, and I looked inside of the nightstand. My EOS lip balms were still there, my phone charger, some AP, Kerrang!, and Rocksound magazines. I turned the bedside lamp on, picked the magazines up out of the drawer, and found an old silver blade in the very back. I picked it up, and took a shaky breath. I set it on the nightstand, shut the TV off, and waddled into the bathroom, and turned the light on. I filled the bathtub up, and grabbed gray sweatpants, and a black Eminem shirt. I sat in the bath for a while, washed my hair and cleaned up. I got dressed, and sat back down on the bed. I chugged every bottle of whiskey, drank the Powerade, ate a few Oreos, and looked at my phone. I had millions of missed calls from Mike and Amber. No texts from Vic, no calls. Nothing from Jaime or Tony either. I shook my head, and let the tears fall.

"I knew I should have never trusted him. I should have never even fallen for him." I whispered, and grabbed the blade. I let it slide across my wrist, and I watched the blood drip down my arm over my old scars. I let the blade feel over my entire arm, my mind fuzzy.

"I loved you, Vic. I loved you." I cried, hot tears falling over my cold face. "You should have told me I was a bother to you. I would have left." I said, going over the fresh wounds over and over again. Electrifying pain flooded my body, and my eyes drooped.

"I'll miss you Vic." I whispered, and I fell back, my eyes closing. I felt my heart slow down, and my breathing shallow.