midsummers

Mady put the final touches on her makeup and checked her hair once more before grabbing her small purse.

She'd worked hard to cover the dark purple bruise that had formed around her eye overnight.

She was wearing a dark champagne pink dress, that had a low v-neck, and a slit up the left leg. It beautifully accented her curves.

"Hurry up Mads, were late!" Jason called up the stairs. She sauntered out of her room and into the back seat of her fathers car, with Cole sitting infront of her.

She hadn't spoken to him since last night.

"So, you guys remember i'm leaving tomorrow morning," Her father started. "I'll only be gone a few days. The Cameron's will be keeping an eye on you," He caught Mady's eye in the rearview mirror and she nodded.

When they arrived, Mady immediately found Sarah, and the two danced among their other kook girlfriends. Once the sun had set, they knew it was really time to party.

"Mads, think you can snatch that wine?" Sarah asked, pointing towards the bar, almost daring her to do it.

"You think I cant?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't say that," A devilish smile spread across her friends face.

Another one of their friends joined in the conversation. "You've got the best chance out of all of us, you're easily the best liar,"

"Thanks Scarlet," Mady shot her a fake smile before turning on her heel towards the bar setup. She watched for a moment as the waiters and waitresses delivered and refilled several guest drinks.

Then she slowly sauntered towards the bar, swinging her hips a little more than usual.

"Hello sir," She smiled warmly as the man gave her his attention. "I need your finest bottle of wine upon request, please and thank you," She never broke her smile.

"Oh really?" He paused and set the glass he was drying down.

"Yes sir, Mr. Cameron asked specifically. You should know he doesn't like to wait," She widened her eyes for only a moment as she leaned farther onto the ledge. 

"How old are you?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

At this she wasn't sure what to say. Surely he'd ask for i.d if she said 21. But if she said 16, he couldn't legally give it to her.

She decided to go for the hail mary. "21 sir, although with a job like this, dealing with people like Mr. Cameron," She raised her eyebrows dramatically, "I would not want to be asking too many questions."

He studied her face for a moment before shaking his head.

"Mr. Cameron can ask a waiter if he'd like a drink," He shot her a condescending smile before continuing to dry the wine glass he held.

Mady sighed. She glanced at her friends, pausing for a moment. When the bartenders eyes were focused on the glass, and not her, she reached over the bar and snatched the bottle, hurrying back to her friends.

"Hey! You little rat! Get back here!" He yelled behind her.

She mocked a shocked expression and loudly said to the man, "How dare you call me a rat!" This drew the attention of a few other kooks, and the bartender cowarded under their glares. "I'm only trying to make my father happy," She wined, allowing tears to well up in her eyes.

"Leave the poor girl alone!" An old lady yelled from the side. Even though her story didn't match from before, the bartender surrendered from the backlash he had gotten. Once Mady turned away from the crowd she replaced her sad face with a smile of victory, waving the bottle around as she approached her friends.