trouble on the horizon

"Guys!" Pope shouted from somewhere inside the Chateau. JJ and Mady exchanged a nervous glance. "Cmon, we need to set up the winch to pull the gold up!"

"Coming!" JJ shouted in return. He fixed his gaze back to Mady, and they stared wide eyed at eachother before breaking into a laugh.

"We really stayed up all night, huh?"

"Pretty much," JJ chuckled.

Mady groaned as she pulled the blankets off her, and stood up beside the bed. She rubbed her eyes with the sleeves of JJ's long grey t-shirt, and let a yawn escape her lips.

JJ fiddled with the dresser drawer, trying to find clothes to change into.

Mady watched his back muscles flex and contract with his movements, as he tore through the different layers of clothes. In all honesty, most of them were John B's.

When he finally found a few articles that were his own, he tossed them on the bed.

"Can you pass me my stuff," She pleaded the blonde in front of her. He nodded, bending down towards the floor, gathering her clothes that had been tossed aside previously.

"Thanks," He tossed all her stuff to her, a moment before an unreadable glint appeared in his eyes.

He bent down again, coming up with her cheeky bikini bottoms wrapped around his finger. A smirk appeared on his face as Mady flipped him off, holding her hand out for them back.

"Want them?" He taunted, flinging them around.

Mady shot him an 'obviously' look, "Uh-Yeah?"

"Come get them," JJ chuckled, and held them high in the air.

Mady scoffed, climbing across the bed to reach the boy. She held her hand out again and he placed them infront of her, only to rip them away again as she reached for them.

"JJ," She whined.

"What's that?" He continued taunting her, waving them around. "Here, take them."

As soon as she reached for them again, he held them above her head, knowing there was no way she'd be able to reach.

"I swear to god-,"

"-Guys!" Popes voice boomed through the house again. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, yeah, coming right now." JJ shouted in response, handing the girl her bottoms. "You're lucky."

She only rolled her eyes, returning to the other side of the bed to retrieve her clothes.

She checked over she shoulder to make sure JJ wasn't looking before sliding his t-shirt over her head. She slipped on her bikini bottoms first, and pulled up her shorts from yesterday. Then, she grabbed her bikini top, fiddling with the strings in the back.

"Need a hand?" JJ questioned from behind her, walking over.

Not waiting for an answer, he grabbed the strings in his hands and tied them together.

"Thanks," Mady smiled up at him as she turned to face him.

He wore brown shorts, a dirty white tank top and his red hat sat backwards on his blonde locks.

"Let's go before they kill us," He muttered, spinning them both around to the door. Mady threw her rolling stones t-shirt over her head as they walked out the door.

"There they are," Kie motioned to Pope as they came into view.

"Sweet baby, I have a hot tub," JJ exclaimed, making his way there immediately.