1 question answered, 10,000 more

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit," Pope muttered softly, pacing back and forth. "This isn't good."

Kie huffed as she leaned against the wall. "Chill, Pope."

Mady ran a hand through her hair as she sat in the waiting room chair. She was about to be ushered to her mothers room, before she broke the news to the three in-front of her.

"Well-now you're really famous!" JJ chirped in an attempt to lighten the mood. He towered over Mady as she tried to sink deeper into the chair.

The sound of footsteps and rushing doctors continually passed them in the hallway, and they all continuously hoped that they wouldn't be noticed in the meantime.

"That's really helpful JJ. Thank you." Kie sassed, pressing her lips into a line while she glared in his direction.

He shrugged it off, and bent down to Mady's height. He placed both hands on her shoulders, and looked her dead in the eye. "You just stallin'? Too scared to go in?" He taunted in a hushed tone.

He knew the only way he'd get her moving was if he pulled something like this. Never in a million years would Mady Carter be caught dead admitting that deep psychological trauma was the reason she felt glued to her chair. But that's a conversation for another day.

Mady scoffed at him, sitting up a little straighter while still in his grip. "Psh. Please."

JJ raised his eyebrows, and placed his hands over his knees. He hovered over her at eye level, and taunted her with the upturn of his lip. "You ain't proving that to anyone."

Mady pursed her lips and internally sighed. She sat up straight, so that their faces were only a couple inches apart. She cocked her head to the side slightly, and raised an eyebrow. "What's the room number?"

JJ stuck his bottom lip out and widened his eyes momentarily. He took a step back and stood to his full height again.

"1725."

"Six doors down and to your right." Pope added, hoping to help her avoid any unnecessary loitering.

She glanced over at Pope, then regained her sight on JJ. She gave a quick nod, pausing for only a second to brace herself, and stood quickly.

Without a second doubt, she began walking back towards the hallway.

"Wait, wait." Kie called softly, walking towards her smaller friend quickly. "Pull this down a little."

She adjusted JJ's hat slightly, so it covered her eyes more. She glanced over the girl once more, furrowing her eyebrows.

"...What?" Mady whispered to her slightly taller friend.

Kiara didn't answer, but rather spun the girl and pulled her hair quickly into a low bun.

"All the photos of you are with your hair down. Hopefully this'll help." She offered a small smile as she wrapped a hair tie around the clump of hair.

Mady whispered a quiet, but appreciative thank you, before she began her walk down the long, bright hallway.

Nurses scurried by her without a second glance, too preoccupied with stacks of papers, carts of meds, and their own conversations with others around them.

She walked carefully, making sure to blend in: don't walk too fast, don't walk too slow.

We're so fucking stupid.

She kept her eyes trained on the floor as she passed the nurses station, before entering a new hallway.

Six doors down and to your right.