time reveals all secrets

"Hey, there. What's goin' on?"

Oh no.

Mady clamped her hand over JJ's and he looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"JJ? Mady?" This finally got the blondes attention and he snapped his head upwards to see Rafe walking towards them.

Mady watched Kiara stumble over her own feet and begin walking back to her friends.

"How you guys doin'?" Rafe questioned them as he hopped onto the side of the boat and swung himself carelessly on the side. "Whoo-hoo!"

The sound of whistling behind them changed Mady and JJ's focus, and they fearfully watched as Barry's face appeared around the side of their car.

JJ cleared his throat, and he and Mady backtracked to the middle of the room where they met with Kiara. Both Barry and Rafe were closing in on either side of them.

"Well, well." Barry chirped condescendingly. The next thing they heard was the sound of a gun cocking, and Mady swore her heart dropped into her stomach.

Oh god, oh god, not again.

JJ put his hands up when Barry pointed the gun directly at him and Mady followed his lead when the gun was waved carelessly between the two.

"See, don't think I forgot about you two on the side a' the road."

Rafe came up beside them, and ran his hand along JJ's jaw, which was aggressively shaken off.

"An' ya know how long it gon' take to replace the shit you broke? Huh? Y'all know? Which one a'ya'll did it?" Barry questioned them again.

JJ kept his head facing forward, moving only his eyes to glance at the girl beside him.

Mady on the other hand took another approach, trying to seem innocent. Although, she felt her cheeks flush and she couldn't help but fiddle with her fingers behind her back.

The gun was still held up at them, and he pointed it back and fourth until he realized he wouldn't be getting an answer from them. When he made that revelation, he let a low, bitter chuckle escape him and he nodded his head condescendingly.

"You," Barry spat, turning his attention to the small girl and placing the gun just below the base of her neck. "6 ounces!" He screamed, "6 mothafuckin' ounces! Where is it! Where is it?" His throat was scratchy and the words left his mouth horsely. She stepped backwards slightly to avoid having the barrel of the gun dig any further into her skin.

How does he know it was me?

Mady glanced to her left to see Kiara's face filled with confusion.

Maybe that wasn't the best judgment call.

Barry waved the gun wildly infront of her face and Mady held out her hands.

"Here!" She shouted back. "Here, I got it."

JJ's face curled up with confusion as he watched her curiously, knowing fully well that they'd dumped the entire baggy into the ocean a couple nights prior.