they're innocent

After hours of pacing around her room, thinking, stressing and imagining the worst case scenario, Mady finally decided to have a shower.

Her father had been in and out multiple times to check on her. Although, in all honesty, he was just making sure she hadn't left.

Mady sat down in the tub of her shower as the scolding hot water trickled from the faucet and ran down her tan, island skin.

She put her head in her hands as she thought about her mother's injuries.

I hate Luke Maybank with everything inside of me.

When the thought passed, John B came to mind next. She couldn't imagine that Ward Cameron had killed big John. She didn't even know they knew eachother.

When Mady was a child, it seemed as if she spent everyday with Mr. Cameron and his kids. Mady and Sarah would run off to play barbies or wait for Cole and Rafe to take them to the water.

He isn't a murderer. He can't be.

When Mady finally lift her head again, she rubbed her hands across her face and through her hair. She finished her shower, then climbed out, wrapping a towel around her body.

She stood in front of the mirror, cleaning the stitches in her head and redressing the wound on her stomach. They were healing, certainly. Although, she wished it could go a little quicker.

When she was satisfied with the outcome, she walked into her bedroom again, putting on a clean pair of ripped up blue jean shorts, and a loose, cropped white t-shirt with a tattered hem.

It was the middle of the night when the anxious girl sat down on her bed. She refused to put pyjamas on because she knew there was no way she'd be getting much sleep tonight. She needed to find out what happened. She needed to know about her mother. She couldn't stay here.

When her father hadn't come in for a long stretch of time, she decided to tiptoe out and check on his whereabouts.

She checked his bedroom first, passing by Coles room. The house was dimly lit but she could hear the faint sounds of some video game playing through Coles door.

She tiptoed past his room and into their dads room, only to find it empty.

Maybe he's still downstairs.

She made her way to the stairs, cautiously avoiding each creaker as she stepped down.

At the bottom, she could hear low voices mumbling around the corner.

She tiptoed towards it, pushing her back up against the wall to listen.

"What are we supposed to do now?" It sounded like Wards voice and she pictured him dropping his face into his hands.

"Did you see him there tonight?" This voice belonged to her father.

"No, but I know. Sarah was outside when we found her and started questioning me."

There was a long silence before Ward spoke again.

"We need to fix this Jason, we need to fix this,"

Her father grumbled around the corner. "Fix this? There's nothing to fix, it's okay," He replaced his tone with a soothing voice and she could hear the rubbing of fabric. "He has no case. No proof. We keep our daughters away until it blows over and everything will be fine."

There was a sigh and a short breath. "You're right. You're right." Ward ran fingers through his hair on the other side of the wall. "Has Mady asked you about anything?"