damn fire poker

Mady groaned as the corners of her vision were dark and fuzzy. She reached a hand up to feel the gash, and pulled away to see blood trickle down her fingers to her wrist. Nice.

Mady zoned out to what Kie was doing, but became painfully aware that two teenage girls vs. a fire poker was not a fair fight. Kie yelped, dropping to the ground beside her as she held her wrist, blood seeping out of it.

Just as Mady locked eyes with Mrs. Crain's glowing and haunted eyes, she closed her own, figuring this was it. Ironic that THIS is how I die. Out of all the things in my life, it's a bat shit crazy lady that stabs me to death.

She waited for the moment, but it never came. Mady opened one eye to see Sarah above her, wrestling with the lady as she screamed and sputtered. Sarah managed to shove her away, knocking her into the wall. Her bones HAD to have broken.

"Mads, Kie, cmon," Sarah reached a hand for both girls. Kie stood but Mady remained on the ground. Her head too foggy to move.

"Just go guys... go on without me," Mady whined dramatically, fully intending it to be a joke. The girls glanced between eachother which alarmed Mady.

Okay they better not actually leave me.

The girls rolled their eyes at eachother, breathing heavily as Kie quickly slid under one of Mady's arms, dragging her along with them.

"Come on, this way!" Sarah panted pulling them both through the doorway.

"Okay, okay," Kie huffed, clearly an attempt not to fall into hysterics.

The girls slammed the door shut, locking  Mrs. Crain in the Parlour.

Mady's whole head was spinning and she still couldn't see straight.

All three girls sighed a moment too soon, because the fire poker made another entrance. Go figure. It smashed through the wood paneling on the door, sending the girls screaming, stumbling away.

"Shit!" Kie shouted as the wood continued to smash.

She kept her arm firmly around Mady as they rushed through the house.

"This way! It goes underneath the house!" Sarah yelled from ahead.

Mady's head throbbed and she felt the blood dripping down her neck.

"Fuck!" Kie yelled beside her. "Sarah, help me," She whimpered as her own blood ridden hand shook.

Sarah turned to look at the girls and joined Mady's other side.

"Can you hear us?" She asked as they continued rushing towards the stairs.

"Yes..." The words stumbled out of Mady's mouth in an obvious tone. The problem wasn't that she couldn't hear, it was that she could hardly see.

All three girls breathed deeply as Mrs. Crain croaked in the background.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go," Mady yelled as they all sprinted down the stairs.

"I'm trying!"

"Guys!"

"Guys!"