0 to 100

"We go in there, guns a-blazin', and make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there." JJ spoke clearly running through their plan.

Mady sat crosslegged on the floor as she watched him reload his gun. Pope nodded along as he spoke and Kie watched him from the front seat.

"Send that shit down the Intracoastal." John B added before Kie spoke next.

"Wait for the weather."

"Exit to Cuba." Pope nodded, proudly.

"Cuba?" Mady raised her eyebrow at him.

JJ spoke before she could. "No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan."

Mady nodded along with him, helping his case. "Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money."

Kie chuckled at the girl and the corner of Pope's lip pulled into a grin.

JJ cocked his gun, finally finished loading it. "That's right," He nodded at the girl.

John B glanced back quickly at the blonde boy. "Let's do this shit."

As they drove through the woods, Mady tuned out the chatter in the car. She hadn't fully given herself the chance to absorb what she was feeling.

Although one could argue Mady was this way with many things, she had so much on her plate right now that she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Between her mother, her family, Ward being a murderer, stealing the gold back, her brother, Luke Maybank, Barry, and figuring out a way to warn her father, she certainly had things she needed to work through.

Why would my dad have the compass if he wasn't involved in the royal merchant search? Maybe Ward only told him bits and pieces? If that's the case, where did the gun come from? What did he mean last night when he was talking about Mom?

Every loose end ran through the girls mind as she tried to make sense of something.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when JJ kicked her foot with his own.

She shot him a glare, preparing to call him out for it. Before she said anything, he nodded towards his fingers, then shook his head at her. He stayed quiet to ensure the others didn't hear or take any notice.

Mady furrowed her eyebrows as she dropped her hand. She hadn't even noticed she was biting her nails.

Her body jerked forward slightly as the van came to an abrupt stop.

"Let's go!" John B chanted, hopping quickly out of the car.

JJ slid the door open, and Mady followed Pope out as the five ran toward the large fence blocking their path.

"What's the plan?" Kie questioned him, jogging up to stand beside him. "Broad strokes."

"I don't think we got that far," John B muttered.

Mady stood between Pope and JJ as she squinted at the scene infront of her. She could see the plane and people rushing around outside, but it was too far to see any great detail.

Pope peered through binoculars that were around his neck. "They're loading up the gold."

John B ripped them from his hands, looking for himself.

Mady watched as a car pulled up in the distance, honking. She watched John B follow it with the looking device.

"There's Ward." He muttered. Mady whirled her head around to face him.