crackhead

"So, they keep money out here?" Pope questioned as he raised a skeptical eyebrow.

"That's what she said." Mady shrugged as she sat on the floor, watching JJ play with the gold in his hand.

He chuckled at her comment, repeating it. "That's what she said,"

"Stop," Pope frowned at him, and he quickly shut up.

Sarah glanced back at the 4 in the back seat. "I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive."

"Me either," Mady shrugged.

"That's 'cause you're rich," JJ shot back at the girls, earning a frown from them both.

Kie pressed her lips together, "You've never heard of it either,"

"Thank you," Sarah nodded at her. Mady just narrowed her eyes at the boy when he caught her glance. He smirked and she shook her head, feeling the need to look away.

She zoned out to the chatter around her while she controlled the blush on her face. She glanced out the window at the weeds and forest that surround them. This was a pretty secluded area for a warehouse...

Only a moment later sirens were blaring behind them.

"Cops? Out here?" Kiara furrowed her eyebrows, looking out the back window.

Oh shit, oh shit.

The group argued back and fourth and John B asked if JJ had brought the gun.

"No, okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place." He held his hands out.

"Thank god!" Kie sighed loudly.

"JJ," Mady snapped at him. "Hide that."

He nodded, fumbling with his backpack to hide the gold.

They continued arguing with eachother while he stashed it under his seat.

"How much weed do you have on you, bro?" Kiara asked the blonde.

Pope fiddled with the backpack as he frantically tried to help JJ hide it. "Get up,"

"He's walking up right now," Pope grunted as they slammed the seat shut.

Mady sat up a little straighter, fixing her hair to appear more casual. Her heart stopped when she heard the cocking of a gun.

Everyone froze, watching as a man held a gun to John B's head.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands up in the air, right now?" His voice was smooth as he spoke. Shivers ran down Mady's spine as she sat on the floor, frozen.

"Alla-y'all's hands up in the air, right now!" He shouted, threateningly waving the gun around. Mady watched as everyone slowly put their hands up.

"You, out of the car! Let's go!" He shouted at John B. He slowly opened the door and followed the man around the van.

JJ glanced at Mady, both their hands still at their sides. Kie and Pope looked at eachother, frightened. Mady closed her eyes, taking three deep breathes in an attempt to calm her self. Her heart was pounding in her ears and her fingertips shook.

"Let them out!" The man shouted again, distantly. "What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out! All y'all."

Suddenly the door slid open right beside Mady. Sarah whimpered in the front seat, and Mady finally raised her hands as the man shouted at them from outside.

"Go on! Go on! Let's get out the car! Let's go!"

Mady swung both legs out the side, keeping her hands raised as she slid out. She narrowed her eyes at the man as he kept his focus inside the car.