a kiss, a diss and a memory

"What? You want me to catch you?" Mady questioned sarcastically as she shielded the last of the setting sun from her eyes.

JJ scoffed from the roof. "I just don't understand how you slid like that."

"Oh my god," Mady rolled her eyes looking up at him from the ground. "Just grab it,"

"That's what she said," JJ giggled like a child on Christmas, looking down at Mady to gauge her reaction.

She rubbed the last bit of sleep from her eyes as she watched him. After their sweet, innocent kiss, the pair had become very tired from their late night/early morning mission, and ended up having a nap. Although, Mady's heart fluttered at the memory, and her stomach erupted with butterflies at the thought of his sweet touch.

She didn't know what to make of the situation, and she was confused by how it played out. She decided to mask that with as much sarcasm and petty fights as she could, a Mady Carter special.

Mady rolled her eyes, turning away. "Alright, i'm going to get in the van, you're on your own,"

"No-wait! Wait." JJ yelled as he paced around. "I don't think you understand that I can't bend how you can to grab that pole," He gestured towards the long banister Sarah and Mady had used for years to sneak in and out.

She palmed her face and whisper-shouted at him, "You're so goddamn loud, that we would've been better off sneaking out the front door."

She had to admit, it was pretty high up, and you had to be flexible enough to reach slightly over the edge of the roof to grab it.

Now that she looked at it, she realized how sneaky her and Sarah really were, earning a pat on the back from herself.

They could hear the beeping of the Twinkie from around the corner of the large stone walls that bordered the edge of her mansions massive lawn. They wouldn't dare drive in, especially with the kook kings nearby.

Mady watched as JJ attempted to swing his legs over the edge, grabbing onto the pole.

His body weight weighed him down, sending him sliding over the edge wether he was ready or not. Instead of climbing slowly down the multiple crevasses the banister exhibits, he made a failed attempt to slide down it fireman style.

His arms and legs roughly smashing off each crevasse, causing the boy to release his grip, and fall straight onto the gravel driveway with a hmph.

He attempted to land on his feet, but stumbled forward, scraping his knees.

Mady covered her face with her hand, muttering, "Oh my god,"

JJ groaned before standing and dusting himself off.

"Nice one, Mother Gothel," She scoffed as he limped a little.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Who's that?"

"You've never seen Tangled?"

"Never. Must be a kook thing," He shrugged.

"Oh, for gods sake," She groaned, not needing to argue over the difference in their socioeconomic status.

"What? It's a fair point." He shrugged walking down the driveway alongside her.

"No it's..." Mady started but trailed off when she glanced behind them. Her front door squeaked open, and all four boys were dressed, about to head out the door. Must be a party.

Without a second thought, Mady grabbed JJ's arm and took off in a sprint.

He glanced over his shoulder at the boys who were still fixing their hair in the doorway, not yet giving the two any attention.