ii. agonising aromas

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘴

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     ANGEL USED TO SOMETIMES wonder whether or not she'd get used to the constant arguments and fighting within the confines of the Port Mafia. To tell the truth, it never got any easier to hear the screaming voices of the people she would grow to call her new "family" — and it never got any easier to clean up the messes left behind by those who ended up using their fists or Abilities — or both — to end the stupid and belittling fights before they got too far. She supposes that using fists and Abilities is already too far. And what she means to say is that, surprisingly, no one ended up leaving in a body bag after some idiot decided to provoke her until she snapped and ended up — accidentally of course — sending him to the morgue in a body bag.

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

     "Hey, cute newbie," one of the new lower-ranked members of the Port Mafia calls out, making her skin crawl. "Where do you think you're going? Only the Executives and their direct subordinates are allowed over in that area."

     Angel blatantly ignores the ignorant man and keeps walking, knowing that she has more right than him to sit with Dazai and Chūya. As expected, her blatant disinterest in what the man has to say only irritates him — which leads to his hand clamping around her upper arm and stopping her. The familiar quiver of her Ability reacting to someone touching her alerts Ryūnosuke, who stops a few steps ahead of her and looks over his shoulder, an irritated frown on his face. The lower-ranked member's hand feels as though it's burning through Angel's clothes despite how thick they are, and it soon feels as though he's directly touching her skin.

     "Get your filthy fucking hands off me," Angel mutters, glaring up at the man. "I'm fully aware of where I'm allowed to be and where I'm not, and who I'm allowed to be with and who I'm not. But are you?"

     "Aw, she thinks she's scary and intimidating," he mocks, making his friends laugh. "Listen here, missy, I don't like girls with sharp tongues and no respect. Apologise, before I make you."

     "Let her go," Ryūnosuke orders, dark eyes beyond irritated.

     "Oh look, her boyfriend's sticking up for her. How cute."