xxx. aftermath's fog

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺: 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘩'𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘨

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     "GRANTORS OF DARK DISGRACE, you need not wake me again!"

     Chūya becomes covered in the red markings synonymous with Arahabaki the instant that last syllable leaves his lips, pupils and iris' shrinking until they're but pinpricks. It still makes Angel's stomach turn, seeing those cursed markings covering his ivory skin, but she knows that this is the only option they have to save Dazai from himself. Chūya's hat flies off after his gloves and coat, and a roaring yell leaves his lips as he plummets towards the asphalt and concrete.

     "Seal away my soul and take hold, Desecrator of Heaven!"

     It starts as a quake throughout Angel's body, her veins and eyes glowing with the unholy light usually reserved for when she psychologically tortures people, darkness seeping out from the brightness of her veins until her skin is more a shade of grey than pale white. Between her shoulder blades, there's a sharp burst of pain before ashen wings unfurl behind her body, letting off their own light to pierce through the fog below. Even as the physical change occurs, Angel finds herself being somewhat pushed to the side in her own body as Amaterasu takes over.

     Rubble flies up into the night sky, Chūya crouched atop one of the largest pieces, a fiercely determined expression on his face. He and Angel share a look before starting towards the dragon housing Dazai's body, Chūya using the gravity manipulated rubble to lay out his path, Angel's wings moving close to her body as she swerves through the debris. Even as they do so, the dragon opens its maw, a brilliant amber light accumulating until it's released in a barrage of vivaciously coloured, plasma-like dragon-shaped tendrils, attacking without care for whether or not anything below is destroyed.

     Even in his current Arahabaki state, Chūya takes the brunt of the dragon's unrestrained attack in attempt to protect Angel even though she is more than capable of protecting herself, and, pushed to the side with Amaterasu majorly in control, Angel's body lets him do just that. Using the gravitons around him, he destroys the draconic tendrils with ease, allowing himself to be caught in a bundle before breaking free with a ball of gravity large enough to destroy three Lovecraft monsters with ease, sending it flying through the night towards the dragon. Raising her arms, small balls of merged light and sound from the battle surround Angel before flying after Chūya's attack, the ground beneath their path splitting in two like a mouth waiting to swallow the dragon hole.