vii. hell belongs to the angels

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     ANGEL WAVES GOODBYE TO Kyōka as she heads out for her mission, her traditional clothes seeming just that little brighter today than usual, but that may well just be Angel's lack of sleep showing. Kyōka's going to be attempting to bring Dazai back to the Port Mafia — as a prisoner, of course — but both Chūya and Angel know that the bastard won't come back with her - unconscious or not — unless he has some desire to return to the Port Mafia. And she is to either kill or bring the Weretiger back alive and kicking — whichever comes first. To the best of Angel's knowledge, Osamu Dazai is going to return with the young Demon Snow wielder within a matter of hours, unconscious, because he desperately wants to know what they're up to —as well as know who Angel really is behind her mask.

     Over the past weeks she's been tormenting him; mocking him and making his darker parts surface in front of those he calls his "friends" — especially the Weretiger. After all, you can't call someone your friend if they don't know something about the parts of you that are kept hidden deep below. Something Angel told the older male caused him to seriously lose his cool: that she was dead and never coming back, most likely a rotting corpse beneath a decimated building or in an unmarked grave that Chūya was forced to bury her in after a mission gone awry. Honestly, it's not much of a stretch — the child he knew is dead and gone, and there was an extremely close call the other week that would have ended up with her in the ground had Chūya not stepped in with his For The Tainted Snow and saved her life.

     After that little incident, the redhead hasn't left Angel alone, but she's not exactly complaining about that even though they've practically become joined at the hip. In fact, even now, surrounded by other members of the Port Mafia, Chūya is hovering barely three metres behind her, gloved hands stuffed into his pockets and grey-blue eyes trained on her like she's about to spontaneously collapse before him. Looking over at him, Angel smiles softly at the protectiveness glowing in such beautiful eyes, and she watches as Chūya returns the smile in a way that it appears to be a simply normal smile to those who haven't a clue about how close Chūya and Angel have become over the years. 

     The majority of the Port Mafia not knowing about their relationship is probably the best thing — but they couldn't keep it from Ryūnosuke, or Ōgai Mori.