ix. like a stone statue

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦: 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘦

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     FOR HOW LONG THEY stay in that position, Angel can't say. What she does know is that it's the most peaceful she's been since Dazai popped back into both her's and Chūya's lives when the Port Mafia were sent after the Weretiger. Times where it's only Chūya and herself are rarer than they'd like, so they soak it all up while they have the time to be alone. Sometimes it's purely animalistic and instinctual, but other times it's simply comfort and relief like this, and it's times like this with Chūya that Angel would willingly kill anyone and everyone for.

     Sometime later, the gravity manipulator raises his head and sighs. "Well, let's get this over and done with before the stupid mackerel decides to go and fuck everything up."

     Angel looks up at him with worried eyes and runs her fingers through his long hair. "Are you sure, Chūya? You don't need to do this if you don't want to see him. I can handle all of it if you want me to."

     "Nah, I need to see the traitorous bastard for myself." He presses a brief kiss to her straight hair and climbs off their bed, grabbing some clothes before heading to the adjoining bathroom. "Angel, if you want to go see him as yourself before I do, now's the time. If you don't go now, then I will do everything in my power to stop you from seeing him again today."

     "Chūya..." Angel doesn't get anything else out before he closes the door and the shower starts up a few moments later. Sighing, she slides off their bed and changes into something less flashy before making sure the orange sections of her hair are hidden well enough. "I'll see you soon, my dear demon."

     Thankfully, Ryūnosuke left not long ago to fetch both Kyōka and the Weretiger — the Demon Snow wielder having turned her back on the Port Mafia thanks to the latter's way with words, appealing to the good that resided within the young girls' heart even after everyone she's killed. With that bastard gone, it means that Angel is able to get from A to B without him bugging her; wanting to know what exactly she plans on doing when she gets her hands on the man who wields No Longer Human, but, in all honesty, even she has no knowledge of what she will do to that man.

     Alongside Chūya, Dazai was someone who gave Angel a reason to live and keep fighting until her mind and body gave out. But, unlike Chūya, Dazai turned his back on her when things got too hard for him to cope with, and that's something Angel will never be able to forgive the man she once loved for. No matter how tightly knit she thought they all were back when he was still with the Port Mafia, there's nothing he can say or do to make her ever forgive or forget the hell he forced her to endure thanks to him betraying the Port Mafia; the times Angel ended up at death's door because of his choice.