xxxi. whiskey tea and recuperation

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥
𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     ONCE THE FIGHTING IS over, the sun has risen, and they deem Ryūnosuke to be trustworthy enough to know about Angel's apartment outside of the Port Mafia, he helps Chūya and Angel get there with minimal complaining. He simply waves goodbye and heads back to headquarters without asking anything about why she has an apartment, and she supposes that it is a good thing. He has no need to know the ins and outs of Angel's relationship with Chūya, and Dazai of course, and, even though they are somewhat friends, it's not as though they talk about things.

     It's around 9am that Chūya leaves to talk with Mori, and that gives Angel enough time to tidy up a little, dusting off the cupboards and making sure she has a decent stash of alcohol here - because she knows just how badly they are all going to need it by the time dinner comes around. Angel checks the hollow compartment behind the alcohol, making sure that what she placed in there years ago still remains and hasn't been found yet. Thankfully, it's still there, and Angel can rest easy knowing that no one is going to find it — even with the Weretiger being the guidepost for it. She is not letting anyone get their hands on it, lest they end up hurting Dazai or Chūya — or both.

     It's around lunch time that both Dazai and Chūya arrive, the brunet having skipped out on work at the Armed Detective Agency once again, and the redhead is snickering, clearly amused by whatever he witnessed with the other male. He can barely stop himself from cackling as he hangs up his coat and tries to tell Angel how he found Dazai running out of the Agency building with Kunikida on his tail, yelling curses and ordering the "bandage-wasting device" to get back to work. The brunet in question simply chuckles and hangs his coat up beside Chūya's, saying something about not having any work to really be doing — but they all know that Dazai isn't the biggest fan of paperwork on the best of days.

     They spend a few hours laughing at stupid shit they did on missions back when Dazai was still with the Port Mafia, and the pair even attempt to help her with cooking dinner. They get chased away from the hot plates the instant one of them decides to try cooking meat without using a pan, and warned that they'll be the ones to wash up once we're done. Soon they're all sitting around, eating the food Angel managed to salvage from their botched attempt at helping, the pair decently scolded until the alcohol is broken out — beginning with the whiskey tea she makes that they seem to practically live off when they're here.