vi. laying eyes on him

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹: 𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     ANGEL WATCHES WITH AMUSEMENT as Ryūnosuke and Higuchi are pitted against three members of the Armed Detective Agency — including the Weretiger they're currently after. It's something different, that's for sure, but nothing overly spectacular. In fact, she finds that it's somewhat a bore, and it makes her question why she decided to come along in the first place when she really has nothing to do with this plan and she is nothing more than back-up if the idiots in front of her completely fuck this up for them. For the sake of honesty, Angel can see this not going the way Ryunosuke has planned, and that means she's going to be needed to intervene.

     Just as Angel's about to intervene, the Weretiger is revealed to be a mirage from the Ability Light Snow when cut in half, and then everything happens too fast for her liking. Before they left, she did predict that the brunet man himself was going to show up, but she didn't think for him to do so in such an obvious and unimpressive matter. Dazai is quick to nullify both Rashōmon and Beast Beneath the Moonlight with No Longer Human, making Angel's lips quirk up into an amused smile behind her mask. It's been years since she's seen that Ability in use and the blue flash makes her own Ability's shackles rise in agitation, remembering the sensation of being forced away in countless scenarios.

     "How did you find us?" Higuchi demands angrily.

     "I slipped a tracking and recording device in your jacket pocket."

     "You saw through this the whole time?"

     Dazai simply smirks in response, angering the blonde woman.

     The look makes Angel's Ability beg to be released, a dull vibrating sound filling the air and alerting Ryūnosuke to her presence, his dark eyes moving to her for a brief second before looking back at the pairs' former mentor. Despite the reveal and her presence, Angel watches with amusement as Higuchi tries to stop Dazai from taking the others back to the Agency, but Ryunosuke is quick to tell her there's no point. By the looks of things, both Ryūnosuke's confidence in Dazai, and Dazai's nonchalance, irritate Higuchi, leading to her mocking Dazai as "nothing more than an Agency detective" before telling him that the Port Mafia has a "nigh endless supply of support and manpower, spanning from companies to political and economic branches, and, as a result, no one who defies Port Mafia lives to tell about it."