xiv. decimation of all we know

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘭𝘭
𝘸𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     BY THE END OF the next week, it's pure chaos.

     People are destroying anything and everything, killing people without even considering the consequences. It's as though they've become possessed by their darkest desires; become a shell of all they once were. There's fire and smoke, blood and broken bones, and all kinds of malevolence filling the once mostly quiet streets of Yokohama. Angel has not seen something quite on this scale since that day when she was fourteen and thought that both Chūya and Dazai were going to die with how badly they were hurt.

     All of this happened in the blink of an eye, and it's only progressively getting worse. It feels as though more people are beginning to succumb to this strangely familiar darkness by the second, and it, in all honesty, has Angel worried for everyone in the Port Mafia, and Dazai — wherever he is right now. With all the chaos, it's hard to keep track of everyone, but it's not hard to spot Ryūnosuke in the fray, and she knows that Higuchi and Gin will fight by the man's side no matter what. Chūya is a different story with how unpredictable he can be on the field, but it's a little hard to miss flying masses of rubble.

     As Angel stumbles over an odd root, out the corner of her eye, on her unbandaged right arm, a familiar handprint marking brands her skin, stomach dropping as realisation strikes. "Oh fuck. This is not going to end well."

     Ryūnosuke suddenly runs into Angel, dodging someone trying to hurt him, and his grey eyes zero in on the purple mark. "Wait, isn't that...?"

     "Ryū, go get Chūya as quickly as you can. I will try to fight Q's twisted Ability for as long as I can, but I can't guarantee for how long. Make sure you don't hit any trees or anything. I have a weird feeling about them and all this shit going on right now, and I really don't want to test it on anyone."

     "Alright. Hold on."

     In a flash, the Port Mafia attack dog is once again part of the chaotic fray around her, indiscernible from one person to the next. Gritting her teeth, Angel feels the insanity and desire for blood that she keeps buried begin to rise within; twisting and morphing into a malevolent beast without a care for the lives it's about to devour — undoubtedly including Chūya because of the hatred it harbours towards one of the two people that can subdue it.