x. blistering reunion of twin dark

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯: 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘳𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     HAVING CHŪYA AND DAZAI in close quarters is beginning to feel like a much worse idea than Angel originally thought it would. True, she knew that they'd in no way be able to let bygones be bygones after everything they've been through together, but she honestly thought there'd be something more...amusing. Right now, all they're doing is arguing about Chūya's embarrassing hats and Dazai's obsession with suicide. Whilst that's amusing in its own right, it's not exactly what Angel was expecting from the reunion of Twin Dark.

     "But now, you're just a sad little prisoner. It's enough to make you cry, eh, Dazai?" Chūya shakes his head and releases the younger girl, leaning closer to his former partner. "No. It's actually a little too convenient. You may be able to deceive that apprentice, Akutagawa, but not me — not us. After all, I'm your old partner, and Angel here is our old subordinate. What's your play?"

     "Just what it looks like." Dazai shrugs. "Get caught, and wait to be executed."

     "There's no way the Dazai I know would be caught through misfortune or sloppiness." Chūya turns his back to Dazai and waves his hand dismissively. "If you were that foolish, I would have killed you long ago."

     Angel looks at Dazai in faux bewilderment. "You know... Chūya here does have a point, Dazai."

     "You're overthinking this," Dazai admonishes. "Besides, why did you come here in the first place?"

     "To harass you," Chūya admits. "You toyed with me all you wanted back then, but there's usually payback for it ten times over later. I don't know what you're planning, but fight me, Dazai. I'll crush you right along with your schemes."

     "Chūya."

     Dazai breaks free of his restraints again, this time with a click of his thumbs and middle fingers on both hands, and Angel can't help but shake her head and laugh. This is about to get good, and fast. Without a doubt, she will be pushed aside so this pair can have their little squabble, and that amuses her to no end. Angel is perfectly capable of taking care of herself in any given situation — but especially when it comes to withstanding the angered fights of Twin Dark, or even just one of them losing their shit. For some reason, they both still see her as that child who was afraid of her own shadow well over a decade ago, and she cannot wait to prove the psychotic idiots wrong.