xxiii. master of none

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     MORNING COMES QUICKER THAN usual it seems, and Angel is running on little to no sleep thanks to what happened with both Fukuzawa and Dazai. Sitting on the roof of the Port Mafia headquarters, she watches as the sun peaks over the horizon in a colourful fantasia rarely witnessed. Her mind is running too fast, too loud, for her to even get some form of fitful sleep, her eyes and head feeling as though they weigh more than humanly possible. Even so, she is wide awake, and there's no chance of sleep.

     Chūya is most likely fast asleep in their bed, cuddled up to either the pillows or bunched up blankets, sleeping off the alcohol from last night. It's no surprise that he hasn't come in search of her, because there's a very slim chance he realised that Angel wasn't waiting for him when he stumbled into the room late last night or early this morning. Still, he's going to realise that she is not there when he wakes up, and Angel may well be in for another round of jealousy, or maybe something worse.

     Sure enough, come the time the sun is finishing it's reveal, Chūya is walking over to her, black boots clacking on the concrete until he stops, standing beside the younger girl for only a second before sitting, legs hanging over the edge. He's close enough to touch her, but his gloved hands rest in his lap, blatantly refusing to have any contact with Angel and telling the broken girl everything she needs to know. Sighing, Angel lets her hair out of its high ponytail and crosses her legs, leaning forward to peer down onto the ground below, wondering if, at this height, death would be instantaneous or drawn out with punctured organs and broken bones, or even a coma.

     "Don't even think about it, angel," Chūya murmurs, blue eyes glancing over at Angel from under his red fringe. "You're not leaving me to deal with that shitty mackerel by myself. He'd never let me live it down, and he might even manage to end his own life if you're gone — then I'll be..."

     "Alone. I know, Chūya," Angel replies, not moving away from the edge but turning to meet his tired eyes. "You need some more sleep, dear demon. Why are you awake now?"

     "I woke up and you weren't there. And you're one to talk about needing sleep, angel. You haven't slept at all. You look like you're contemplating some serious crap, and the last time you had that look you ended up dying right in front of me before Gin and Higuchi patched you up and brought you back." His gloved hand darts out and grips Angel's upper left arm tightly, gaining her undivided attention. "What exactly are you planning, Angel?"