xvii. arahabaki, demon of destruction

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘢𝘬𝘪, 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯
𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

     IT'S JUST PAST DUSK when Dazai and Angel stop in front of the cabin deep in the woods where The Guild have Q captive, and she can't help but feel the most guilt out of everyone in this war because she was the one who convinced Mori to release the androgynous child. Dazai looks down at her from the corner of his eye and sighs, knowing exactly what she is thinking and has long since given up on trying to convince her otherwise. The thing about Angel is that, if she knows that something bad has happened due to something she has done, there's no convincing her that the bad thing is in fact not her fault.

     "So, this is where Q is being kept," Dazai muses in an attempt to break Angel's sulking.

     As usual, the brunet shouldn't have said anything, because, when he does, things like this tend to happen. Large, industrial spotlights click on, the white light glaring down on Angel and Dazai, and the soldiers surrounding us load their guns, aiming directly at the pair. Her skin crawls and her Ability thrashes and writhes in pure lividity at their presence, neither of them liking soldiers after everything they've been through when those bastards have been concerned.

     "Pleasant evening isn't it?" a blond in a farmer outfit calls, walking towards us with a man in a black coat. His voice sends a chill down Angel's spine, and her stomach twists when she turns and gets a look at the Guild member, and how she wishes she knew why. "Seems our strategist has hit the nail on the head once again in predicting your movements."

     Dazai turns and a sort of twisted expression graces his face. "Figures it'd be a trap."

     Lovecraft looks up with a sound of confusion and Angel instantly knows that Chūya has arrived right on time. It seems that he does know how to listen to her, or her written directions, in the end. Chūya crashes into the ground alongside his ride, killing a slew of soldiers and possibly even Lovecraft himself. Around ten of the soldiers not hit with his arrival open fire at Chūya, but they're crushed into the ground in an instant. Dazai scratches his head in irritation and sighs, unwounded hand coming to rest on his hip. He watches his former partner kill the soldiers without flinching, and Angel's bored expression morphs into one of pure delight.