xii. fight to survive, and to thrive

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦: 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘦, 𝘢𝘯𝘥
𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

⚠ trigger warning ⚠

𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

     "AAAANGEEEEL," CHŪYA CALLS, WALKING over to the white-haired, hands stuffed in his pockets. "Wanna come on a fun mission with me and grumpy ass over there?"

     Looking up at the sixteen-year-old boy through a veil of white hair, Angel simply blinks in response. Sure, both Chūya and Dazai have, strangely, offered for her to tag along with them on a few of their Twin Dark missions before, but this one somehow feels different. Meeting Chūya's cheeky blue eyes, Angel stands and tugs on the long sleeves of her shirt, covering the new bandages the Port Mafia's resident nurse wrapped around her arms only this morning. Tucking hair behind her ear, Angel looks over to where Dazai is leaning against the wall with a bored expression, his dark eyes watching her interaction with Chūya.

     It's no secret that both these boys have taken a shine to Angel since she decimated a significant portion of the Port Mafia's enemies when they had the audacity to launch a full-scale attack on our home base, but that doesn't mean these two are not above manipulating someone into doing their dirty work. What sixteen-year-old boys in their right mind would want to drag along a fourteen-year-old murderer of well over a thousand people? Then again, who in their right mind would willingly get dragged into the Port Mafia in the first place?

     "You can come along if you want," Dazai informs, the usual blank expression on his face giving way to some sort of twisted smile. "In fact, having you along will make this one much easier."

     "Unless you need someone who excels at torture, which you already have, Dazai," Angel says, playing with the ends of the sleeves on her ratty shirt, "then I am of no use to you on any of your missions."

     "Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a valuable asset of the Port Mafia and extremely useful to myself and Chūya."

     "Come on, little angel," Chūya says with a grin. "It'll be fun!"