Chapter 17

-Jisoo's POV-

"C-chan?"

Chan's nose was broken, his lips were bruised, and he had a black eye. Once my mom heard me say Chan, she exited the kitchen and came to great him, but once she saw his condition, she gasped, horrified.

"What happened to you? How did this happen?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Chan started sobbing, and I immediately hugged him. It broke my heart seeing Chan cry. Chan was always hot tempered and sassy, and he barely cried. I went to touch his back, but then I realised he also had his black, leather backpack with him.

"Did you get hurt anywhere else?" I asked and I felt him nod. I sighed and parted from the hug, took his bags and handed them to my mother as I asked her to take them to the guest room.

I held onto his hand and started walking towards my room, and only then I realised that he was walking with a slight limp.

"Just how much did you get hurt?"

I supported him as we went upstairs to my room and my mom came to my room with a suit of clothes for Chan, some clean underwear and whatever else he needed for taking a bath.

"You go take a warm bath in my bathroom and I'll get you something to eat, okay?" I said and he nodded, took his things, bowed to my mom and headed to my bathroom, still slightly limping.

I went down the kitchen to get him some food that was leftover, while mom went to get our first aid kit.

Once I was done, I took the food up to my room on a tray. I placed it on my bed, and just then, Chan came back to the room with dry clothes on and his hair still wet. I told him to sit and eat and I would blow-dry his hair, and so he sat down and I got the drier on and dried his hair.

Once we were done, we went down to the living room where mom was waiting with the first aid kit. We sat down on the couch and I watched while mom worked on treating his wounds. Once she was done, she stood up.

"Did you get hurt anywhere else?" Mom asked Chan, and he just looked down.

"I-I don't know," Chan managed to stutter out.

"Is there anywhere else that hurts?" I asked he nodded, pointing to his back and his waist.

"Could you turn around and take off your shirt so I could check for you?" Mom asked, and Chan got up and removed his shirt. What we saw made my stomach turn.

There were bruises all over his back and they even stretched around to his sides. Mom told him to lay flat on his belly so she could treat the ones on his back. Once mom was done and his shirt was back on, he sat up and rubbed his forehead, and my mom and I sat on both sides of him.

"Who did this to you?" I asked, placing my hand on his thigh. He hesitated to answer.

"You don't have to answer right now. We could talk about it ano-"

But Chan cut me off.

"My father."

I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"Why did he go this far? Why did he do this to you?" I asked again and Chan sighed.

"He found out that I'm gay," He said, clasping his hands.

"How did he found out?" Mom asked him.

"When I was showering for school yesterday, I accidentally left my diary on my bed because I wrote in it before showering. My mother came in my room while I was showering for some reason, and she saw it and took it to him. They both read it. When I went to the kitchen for breakfast, they told me they read it. He did this to me, then told me that I'm no longer their son. They told me to get my stuff and so I did. Now, I have nowhere to go, and no other relative to go to."

I felt so bad for Chan. I pulled him closer to me so he could lean on me. Mom and I knew what Chan's parents were like. Ever since the day, a few years ago, that his parents told him that he was a mistake, and that they were sorry that he was born and that they didn't want him to be their son, Chan became depressed and stopped addressing them as his mom and dad. He just called them his parents because he had no other choice. He often cried to my mom and I about it and my mom often got mad at the fact that they treated him the way they did. My mom had always wanted another child, but she couldn't have one. She even told me once that Chan felt he was her own child.

"You're more than welcome to live here with us honey," Mom said and Chan looked at her.

"R-really? Wouldn't I be a bother?" He asked her, but she shook her head.

"Of course not! I would love to have you! And I know Mr. Hong wouldn't mind."

Chan hugged her and started crying again.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Hong! Thank you so much!"

"That's more than okay love," Mom said and I joined the hug.

"You should go get some rest now. You must be tired," Mom told Chan and he got up, bid us goodnight, and went to bed.

Just then, the doorbell rang and I looked at the time. I had completely forgotten that Jeonghan would come over to study for 2 hours.

I let him in and we made our way to my room, only to realise that Chan was curled up in my bed. Jeonghan hyung looked puzzled. I lead him to the guest room and explained everything to him.