Chapter 18

-Jisoo's POV-

I woke up to the sound of the window closing. I then heard footsteps coming over to my side of the bed. As I looked at my alar clock, something, or rather, someone blocked me. I looked up to see Seokmin looking down at me with a smirk. He pulled a gun from his side and held it up in the air. He then pointed it at me and pulled the trigger.

I jumped up from my bed from the dream. I kept having recurring nightmares. I took up my phone from the nightstand and looked at the time. It was 4:30am. I sighed and looked over to Chan who was asleep next to me. I sighed again and slowly got up to avoid waking him this early. I went down to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. I just sat down, drank my coffee and stared off into space for a little while.

After about 15 minutes, my father came downstairs and was surprised to see me in the kitchen. He sat down across from me after getting himself a cup of coffee.

"Its almost 5am. Why are you down here at this time? Shouldn't you be sleeping until about 6?" He asked.

I placed my cup down and looked at the coffee that was left in it, as if searching for something.

"I had another nightmare."

I could hear him sigh silently.

"You don't have to worry, son. I know it won't happen again," dad said and I looked up at him.

"How? I feel like it could happen at any time again," I questioned.

He took out his phone and scrolled through it. I was curious to know what he was doing. He then turned the phone to me.

"This article was published a few minutes ago."

'Lee Seokmin Sentenced to Life in Prison for Breaking and Entering, Attempted Murder and Attempted Kidnapping'

"His court date was yesterday," dad said and I nodded.

"Thank god," I muttered.

Dad finished his coffee and patted my back.

"I have to get going now. Be good today. Try to get your mind off things. You could do some fun stuff after school to help. Like, hanging out with that boy, Jeonghan," Dad said and I blushed bright red.

"D-dad!" I whisper-shouted and he hurriedly ran out of the kitchen.

I hid my face in my palms, blushing like a madman.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked myself and shook my head.

I noticed that after dad left, I couldn't stop thinking about Jeonghan hyung. He was just so perfect. His soft eyes, his pink lips, his amazing jawline, his jaw-dropping smile, his long hair...

I suddenly jumped back to reality.

Wtf is wrong with me?

I shook my head again and cleaned my cup, before heading to my room to get my stuff and took a quick shower. Once I was done with my shower, I left the bathroom and entered my room, where I saw Chan laying with his head buried in his pillow, sobbing. I hurried over to him, sat beside him and patted his back, trying to calm him down a bit. After a while, he seemed to calm down and I kissed the back of his head.

"You'll be okay Channie, don't worry. We're all here for you. We all accept you and we all love you just the way you are," I said softly to him and he turned to look at me.

"Thank you hyung," He said while sniffling and I gave him a small smile.

"I'm gonna get ready for school now," I said and went to get my clothes.

"Oh, right... School..." Chan said and I shook my head.

"No school for you," I said and he nodded and curled up more under the blankets.

I got ready, made a sandwich for myself since mom was still asleep, and drove to school. When I got there, it was 7am, so I just headed to my class to sit and enjoy my music. As I sat down and started listening to music, I found myself thinking about Jeonghan hyung again.

I stared out the window at the sky as I thought about Jeonghan hyung.

'He's so handsome, and nice, and sweet, and amazing. He's just so perfect! Since the first day he met me, he had always been there for me, he took care of me when he barely even knew me. He even knows how to calm me down so I don't pass out when I start crying. He does things to me that no one else can do. I think I might actually be falling for him!'

I blushed and held on to my cheeks as my heart skipped a beat as I thought about him.

What are you doing to me Yoon Jeonghan?

-Time Skip (days later)-

It was just a couple days away from our exams, so Jeonghan and I were having another study session at his place.

But instead of focusing, I found myself staring at Jeonghan.

"Jisoo!" Jeonghan hyung called out to me and I snapped back to reality.

"S-sorry hyung, I-I was just... T-thinking," I stuttered, but he just smiled. This was the 4th time he had caught me staring.

He started talking again, but I zoned out again while staring at his hands.

"Jisoo, are you listening to me?"

I quickly looked up as him with wide eyes, blushed and nodded.

"Oh really? Then what did I just say?" He asked as he crossed his arms and smirked, leaning closer to me.

"U-umm," I said softly and looked away, blushing even harder.

"Jisoo, what's going on? You've been acting like this for the past couple days. Is there something bothering you?" He asked with concern lacing his voice.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"You've been zoning out a lot and sometimes even talking to me less. What's going on?" He asked again.

I didn't answer though. I looked down and I suddenly started thinking about what he said on the roof that day when he thought I was sleeping. I wondered if he still felt the same.

He held to my hand and made me look up at him.

"Soo, you know you can tell me anything, right?" He asked and I nodded and looked down again, feeling embarrassed.

"If you don't wanna tell me now, I understand. I can wait until you're rea-"

"I think I like you," I said, cutting him off.

"W-what?" He asked in a hushed tone, obviously surprised.

I sighed and looked up at him.

"I think I like you, Jeonghan hyung. Not just as a friend, but more. I really like you," I confessed.

His eyes were wide and he went silent.

'He probably doesn't feel the same anymore,' I thought.

"I-I'm sorry," I said while getting up and packing my books into my bag.

"Soo," He called out to me, but I ignored his call.

"Jisoo, please stay," He begged, but I already had my bag slung over my shoulder and was walking out.

"Jisoo, I like you too!"