The Alpha's Broken Mate

{Hey guys! This is my first Werewolf book, so please bare with me. Keep in mind that I don't sugar coat anything. I think this will be a good story. I'm crossing my fingers ;) Hope you like it!}

Chapter one: No Hope

I brace myself for the blow that is sure to come. A couple seconds later, a large fist crashes into the side of my head. Pain explodes in my head as I try to blink away the dark spots forming in my vision.

"How do you like that, Bitch?" one of the older men and more violent ones yells in my face. He must be in his late forties, early fifties. This man is actually one of my favorite people here. He only does the beatings. He doesn't touch me, like the other men do. His name is Darrell.

"Scream! I dare you!" he yells.
Over the years I have learned to try not to show any emotion while being beaten, it gives them what they want. They want to see me screaming out in pain. But I'll be damned if I give them that small victory.
His hand comes down on my cheek this time causing a vicious slapping sound to echo through the underground cells. The force of the slap causes my head to whip back and hit the cool, concrete wall behind me, my chains rattling in resistance.

"I'm done with you, whore!" he finishes with two kicks to my stomach and leaves me throwing up the only meal I got this week.

I silently drag myself to the disgusting, crusty, old, single mattress. The only sound of my chains sliding against concrete. I sit in the corner of my cell lost in a daydream of what life could've been like. If I hadn't been taken by rogues on my 12th birthday I would probably be on a date with the mate I would have met while out with my friends, like a normal teenager. It has been so long since my first day here. I don't even know how old I am. But I assume around 18 years old.

My cell door creaks open and my best friend William peeks his head in. William is around my age, he has never hurt me or touched me the way the other men have. We share a connection that I know will last forever. An eternal friendship. He's only here because his dad is the Beta for the Alpha of the rogues here. William would never be here by choice.

A look of complete and total sorrow takes over his once smiling face.

"oh no! Not again! Are you okay, Carina? Was it Darrell?" he asks.

"Yeah" my voice is raspy and I try to hide my pain. He walks into my cell and crouches down next to me, gently sweeping his hand down my cheek. I wince and his eyes flicker to black.

"Those Bastards!" he yells. "I'll kill them all!" his voice getting increasingly louder.

"shh. Hush, William. It's okay. I'll be fine. Hey, I'm a werewolf! I'll heal really fast!" I finish with a believable reassuring smile. As soon as he walks out I break down and let out a pained groan. I slowly fall into a deep sleep.