The Dinner Date and Phone Call (With a Side of Legally Blonde)

******************************

This Chapter's Song:

There's Too Much Love by Belle & Sebastian

"It's safer not to look around
I can't hide my feelings from you now
There's too much love to go around these days"

******************************

When they reached Remus and Lily's apartment, the arousal Remus had been given before they left was fully subsided. He sighed in relief at this as he shut the car door, glancing around quickly, only to find Sirius pulling off his helmet parked behind them.

He watched as Sirius shaked out his hair lightly, a smirk appearing on his lips as he turned Barbara off and put up the kickstand. He swung his leg over the seat, clutching the plastic bag that had a "surprise" in it that Remus wasn't allowed to know about. He walked up to Remus and Lily and stopped, cocking his hip slightly as he looked between them.

Remus stared at Sirius as his eyes darted between Remus and Lily, and he bit his lip slightly as he studied Sirius who was standing there, with his slender legs and all that looked exceptional in his tight jeans, leather jacket fitting perfectly in all the right places, one hand holding the bag and the other placed on his hip loosely, that particular bone cocked out slightly that made Remus want to tear off his pants and roam his hands all over Sirius' body—

"Are we heading inside or what," Lily asked, snapping Remus out of his trance. He looked to Lily with vermillion cheeks and nodded slightly, following her timidly as Sirius trailed behind Remus.

They walked up the stairs to their apartment and Lily began talking about a new college course she wanted to try, with Remus humming in response every few seconds. They eventually reached two doors after walking up three flights, and Lily took her key and unlocked the one on the right side, still explaining to Remus how it would help her in the long run for a career. She swung open the door and they all packed into the small entrance room, Remus hitting the door and locking it before taking off his shoes. Sirius and Lily did the same, and Sirius smiled lightly as they made their way into the living room.

The walls were a light yellow, and a few framed pictures of the two were scattered around here and there. There was a large window next to the couch and TV, and just like in Sirius' apartment, there was a little peninsula that was on the border of the living room and their tiny kitchen.

"Cozy," he said with as he bit his lip. Remus only shrugged in response and Lily walked over to the fridge. She opened it and groaned.

"Rem, you forgot to go grocery shopping again!"

Remus' cheeks went pink as he frowned. "Shit," he cursed. "I was supposed to go today, wasn't I?"

She nodded and Remus ran a hand through his hair, huffing impatiently. "What are we going to do for dinner now," Lily said with a small frown.

"Just order takeaway," Sirius said with a small smile as he sat down at the peninsula. Lily scoffed and Remus laughed.

"Do you know how much takeaway costs?" He asked.

"I can pay," Sirius said as he shrugged his shoulders.

Remus shook his head. "I-I couldn't ask you to do that, it's fine, I can find a way to pay—"

"I don't care if I'm paying, as long as I get to spend the night with you," Sirius said with a small laugh.

Remus felt his cheeks heat up and Lily smiled knowingly at Remus before turning back to Sirius. "Are you sure?"