The Perfect Match

******************************

This Chapter's Song:

Out of My League by Fitz and The Tantrums

"If I die don't wake me
'Cause you are more than just a dream"

******************************

Remus was confused, to say the least, when he saw Sirius sit down at the counter through the small window that looked into the back room with none other than James Potter.

Sirius and Remus had, well, engaged in explicit events for the first time almost three months ago, and since then, they were happier than ever.

Remus would go over to Sirius' every other night and eat dinner there, and Sirius usually spent the entire weekend at Remus' apartment.

Now that it was November, it had gotten significantly cooler outside, and the timing also meant that the new school year was starting for Lily and Remus.

Lily had been attending University, so she didn't really have much time to be at the diner, plus, exams were getting close), but when she was, she was extremely happy to be around Remus.

Remus, however, decided not to attend University this year.

He believed that with everything going on (the diner being swamped, managing his medication, and Sirius), it would be best if he were to take a gap year to think things out.

And when he got to thinking one day, he thought hard.

Why was he even going to Uni in the first place? He didn't even want to! It was his mother's suggestion!

Frankly, he didn't think it was right for him. He wanted to keep working at the diner and he wanted to see Sirius every day. He didn't want to do three more years of Uni just so he could, what? Get a boring job at some company and stay and work there until he died?

Remus didn't want his future to look like that.

He didn't even know at that point what he wanted his future to be.

Remus walked up to Sirius and James before smiling warmly and leaning against the counter slightly.

"Hello, beautiful," he said softly, turning to Sirius who smiled back. He turned to James and smiled as well. "And hello—"

"You can call me handsome," James said, cutting him off with a small smirk. "I don't mind."

Sirius hit him in arm slightly as Remus let out a short laugh. "Okay. Hello handsome."

"Don't mind him," Sirius said while glaring at James. "His ego's as big as Big Ben."

James rolled his eyes. "Fuck off. It's not like you're any better."

Sirius looked to Remus for confirmation who only sighed slightly.

"He-He's got a point, Sirius."

Sirius narrowed his eyes and frowned. Remus only shot him a smile before kissing him lightly over the counter.

Remus' eyes suddenly drifted over to James, who was glancing past Remus eagerly into the kitchen. Remus followed his eyes and his own landed on Lily who was putting a few dishes in the washer.