The Confession

******************************

This Chapter's Song:

Let Me Down by Oliver Tree

"I'm not around, I haven't been here for a while
You know I'll never be back now"

******************************

Remus would never say it to his face, but Sirius looked downright horrid.

His hair was messy and it looked light he hadn't slept in a year; you could practically hold soup in his eye bags. He was wearing that same old fucking leather jacket, but the way he was standing made him look like he was drowning in it, not filling it out well like he usually did. The sleeves looked way too long for his arms as he picked at his nails anxiously and the way he was slouched over made the jacket look like it was consuming him whole.

Remus' skin began to boil as he continued to look at Sirius.

How could he just leave Remus, send no text, not even one that reminded him if Sirius was fucking alive or not, and then return with no warning? Who the fuck even does that? He wanted to punch Sirius, punch him for not texting him at all, punch him for being such an arse.

Remus wanted to punch Sirius because he was so worried sick about him that he almost stopped taking his meds.

He wanted to punch Sirius because, how could he just leave with no warning? What kind of prick even does that?

He wanted to punch Sirius because, fuck, it scared Remus how much he's started to care about Sirius after only knowing him for two and a half weeks.

He knew as Sirius kept staring at him with those big fucking grey eyes and stupid coy smile that he would have to say something soon.

But frankly, Remus didn't know what to say.

He couldn't even fucking think because there was Sirius, not dead in a ditch, looking like hell, standing in front of him, telling Remus that he didn't know he liked Tears for Fears, for Christ's sake!

So, Remus being pissed off and all, decided to ask five words, not just to Sirius, but to himself as well.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Remus' mouth gaped as he watched Sirius swallow nervously and shrug.

Remus scoffed as he walked back behind the counter, slinging his rag over his shoulder. Lily walked over to him and stayed by his side, knowing that he could fucking blow any minute.

Correction: knowing that he would fucking blow any minute.

Sirius walked slowly over to the counter and sat down, beginning to spin back and forth in his stool a bit. He picked at the cuff of his leather jacket and looked at Remus nervously.

"Surprised to see me?" Sirius said softly with a small laugh.

Remus looked at him as if he had just murdered his entire family.

"Surprised?" Remus boomed. Lily took a step closer to Remus and watched as he leaned on the counter, rubbing his temples in the process. "Lily," he asked softly, turning to face her with a small smile. "Is it alright if I speak to Sirius alone?"