The Homophobic Bastard and Motorcycle Lesson

******************************

This Chapter's Song:

Perfect Places by Lorde

"I'm nineteen and I'm on fire
But when we're dancing I'm alright"

******************************

After Ryder left, everything between Remus and Sirius went back to normal.

Remus saw Sirius every day at the diner, who insisted on buying his breakfast (brunch, more or less, as he always ate at noon), lunch, and dinner at Savannah's. He wouldn't leave for anything, spending all of his time alongside Remus and chatting with him.

Sirius never ordered the same meal; it was always something different. The only thing that never changed was his drink order.

Do I even need to say what it was?

When Sirius would come to Savannah's at quarter past noon on the dot every single day, fifteen minutes after Remus' shift started, Remus would instantly know whether he was meeting with James and Peter or William, or if he was eating alone that day based on if he sat in a booth or at the counter.

Remus preferred the days when Sirius walked into the diner and straight to his favorite stool.

At eight-twenty, two weeks after Sirius turned up, he sat at the counter eating a grilled cheese, an empty milkshake glass placed next to his plate. He watched Remus with curiosity as he made an espresso for an old man at the end of the counter.

He bit his lip slightly as he watched Remus cross his arms and lean against the wall behind him, waiting for the espresso to brew. He smirked when he realized Sirius was staring at him and snorted slightly.

"Why is it whenever I look over at you, you're staring at me like I'm a piece of meat?" He said quietly.

Sirius only shrugged as he finished up his grilled cheese. "What, I can't admire my boyfriend?" He said softly with a smirk.

Remus raised an eyebrow. "I'm your boyfriend?"

Sirius' cheeks turned pink and he opened his mouth to respond. "I-I, well, only i-if you want to—"

"Oh, be quiet, you," Remus said softly as he grabbed the espresso maker, a smile tugging at his lips. "Of course I want to be called your boyfriend."

Sirius smiled slightly and let out a short laugh before Remus turned away and walked over to the old man.

"Here is your espresso, sir," he said happily. He poured the espresso and smiled at the man. "If you need anything else, please let me know!"

Remus turned to walk away but stopped when the old man spoke.

"I like this diner," he said happily.

Remus smiled and nodded slightly. "I'm glad you do!"

The old man smiled as well and let bark of laughter. "It's the only diner around where the place isn't filled with fags!"

Remus' breath hitched. He quickly glanced at Sirius who was clenching his fists, clearly angered by what the man said. Remus turned back to the man before inhaling deeply.