Chapter 1

"Reese!" A voice yelled, it seemed distant but then became louder. "Get up you have school," I slowly open my eyes.

Bad idea!

"It burns!" I say as I cover my head with my midnight blue blanket
"C'mon," my mother said as she ripped the blanket completely off of me, leaving me in nothing but a grey tank top and dark purple and black pajama pants.

I groan and set up, throwing my feet over the side of the bed and stalking off to bathroom. I slide in and lock the door behind me. Then, splash my face with water in attempt to wake my self up. After that I just continue to do the rest of my morning of school routine. Wash my face, brush my teeth, get dressed, put on very little make up, etc.

I don't really like a lot of make up mainly just mascara and a little bit of eye shadow. If my lips are dry I'll wear a bit of Chapstick and that's it.
I make my way down the stairs quietly because I know my step-dad is still sleeping and if I wake him up it won't be pretty.

"Okay, I'm leaving." I say in a hushed tone and kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Okay I love you, see you tonight." She said once I has stepped out the door and was walking down the side walk.
I waved and began to walk to school. It would only be about a 5-10 minute walk from where I live.

Once I got to school, I made my way to my locker. My best friend Adrienne was waiting there for me. As I see her I slow my pace, eyeing her suspiciously. She was looking around frantically and was messing with her ring on her finger.

"Hey," I say obviously snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Hey," she mumbles back.

"You okay?" I asked her calmly.

"No," she said. I was a little worried. She's not usually like this. She's more bubbly. A second later she almost yelled in my ear. "I'm hungry!"

I breathed a laugh, "Okay I think I have a candy bar in here." I said fishing around in my bag. I always keep food in my bag just in case. I finally found it! I looked up at my best friend and smiled. "Do you want the chocolate bar?"

"Yes!" she nearly screeched at me.

I pulled out a candy bar and handed it to her. She smiled and ran away giggling. I don't think I should have given that to her. She'll definitely be on a sugar high by the end of the day. That's only one bar!

Stuffing my bag into my locker I grabbed my books and headed to class. My first class was history. I have no friends in this class.

Stepping in the door I just find an empty seat in the back and sit quietly listening to Mr. Wong and twirling my short brown hair around in my fingers occasionally brushing my swoopy bangs out of my blue eyes.

Soon enough the class was over and I just went to my next class. This one I had with my other best friend, Cameron. I stepped in to see a crowd  of people. I know it's a fight, my school has a lot of those. I just don't know who it is. I make my way into the group of people with their phones out. Taking a look at what's unraveling out in front of me, I gasp.

I see Cameron on the ground with a bloody nose and some other muscular figure on top of him repeatedly hitting him in the face. I step up and pull the boy off of Cameron then, shove him away. He just looks at me with a mixture of rage and confusion. Probably wondering who I am.
I looked down at Cameron who was holding his nose, looking at me shocked.

He stood himself up, still holding his nose so the blood doesn't drip on the floor. I sighed "What did you do now?" The mystery boy laughed

"Me?! What makes you think I did something?" Cameron exclaimed.

"Well," I began "You were on the floor getting your face punched in by him. Besides you always do something so what was it?" I asked gesturing to the boy who looked our age with dark brown, almost black hair and bright blue eyes.

"I made a comment on his player ways," he said nonchalantly

"Like you have room to talk. Come here I'll clean you up." I said mumbling the first part but loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh your girlfriend comes to save the day!" the boy shouts in a playful tone.

"I'm not his girlfriend," I mumbled.

"She doesn't even want you." He snickered glaring at Cameron.

"Oh, shut up!" I said pulling Cameron to the restroom and cleaning him up. Then returning to class.

When we arrive there is only one more place to sit and guess who it's by... Putting my books down, I set on the chair behind the desk and I slump in my seat.

"Hey" the boy said.

"Hey mystery boy," I said emotionlessly, not even looking at him.

"You were quite rude earlier," he noted aloud.

"Yeah, and?" I asked beginning to doodle on my notebook.

"Never thought someone as cute as you could be so feisty." He said making my cheeks tint ever so slightly. I only blushed because no one has ever said anything like that to me before. I'm just not use to it.

"I've never heard that one before." I retort sarcastically, finally looking up at him.

"Whatever gothic bitch" I heard him mumble.

I bowed my head and looked down at my desk. Okay, here's where all the flirting ends. He'll start to pick on me just like the rest of the school. Even freshmen pick on me, and I'm a junior.

I was ready to go home making my way to the exit of the school. I took a deep breath and stepped out, already knowing what would happen when I got home.

------------------------------

A/N:

I need a favor. If there is any grammar mistakes just comment on it and tell me. I will fix it as soon as possible. Thank you.

-Fergie