(iii)

Summary: Harry realizes he needs her

Warnings: angst, some fluff

Word Count: 4.1k

Disclaimer: don't come @ me if it sucks, i know it does

___

Luna was a neutral part of Harry and Y/N's relationship, that is until she became Harry's new girlfriend. She was happy that he had asked her, granted that they'd only known each other for a few short months. It was a fairytale that had come true. Their relationship was blossoming and they were still in that honeymoon stage where everything they did seemed so perfect to each other and even their flaws were flawless. Needless to say, Luna couldn't have asked for a better person to be with than Harry.

When she met Y/N the first time at the airport, she was jet-lagged and ratty that she acted so bitchy towards Harry's supposed best friend. Luna felt absolutely terrible about the way she acted and practically begged Harry to contact her so that Luna could apologize and maybe get to know a woman who was a huge part of his life. For some reason, he had refused to do so and Luna was a bit discombobulated. She wasn't living under a rock-anyone who's been up to date with Harry knew that Y/N was a critical part of his life. Hell, when she met him, she thought that she was doing something wrong or putting herself in an affair because that's how close Y/N and Harry were. However, once Harry stated that he and Y/N were just extremely close friends, Luna let go of her inhibitions and fully succumbed to the over-pouring feelings she was developing for the green-eyed boy.

Like any new girlfriend, Luna wanted to make connections with people who knew Harry more than her-who better to ask than Y/N herself. The second Y/N's name spilled from Luna's mouth, Harry immediately became antsy and jittery that she wondered if it was something that she had said. Often, Luna found herself asking him if she accidentally said something offensive about Y/N. He always said 'no'. That's the reason why Luna was a bit hesitant in mentioning her recently--for Harry's sake-because his behaviour drastically changes. His tone changed from casual to snide and he snarled at her once for even speaking the first syllable of her name. Luna didn't know if they had a fallout or not; and frankly, she didn't know if she was in a position to help them reconcile, or if she's much too new in their lives that she'd only be seen as a meddler. Was it her business? She really didn't know.

She met Harry when she was travelling out of the country. Coincidentally, they lived in the same area and that's why she was over his house all the time. It was grandiose and bare, definitely beautiful, but it was lonely. During drunken wine nights, Luna and Harry would find themselves in his backyard, bodies sprawled out on a blanket that he had laid out for them to watch the stars. It's romantic, he had said. But then he added, Y/N and I do this all the time', making Luna's heart thump a bit harder. From then on, Harry's slurred voice reminisced the times he spent with Y/N.

"And she pointed at that-there! Can you see that?" He rasped out, index finger pointing up at a constellation. Harry continued speaking when he felt Luna's head move against his chest-a nod.

"She thought that was the Big Dipper but she doesn't even know how it looks like," Luna's head jolted minutely from Harry's chuckling.

He mentioned her so many times that night; everything they did was compared to how he and Y/N had done it. After deciding to head inside for a midnight snack, Harry stood up and ushered Luna inside while he stayed behind in the night air.

"What are you doing, H?"

"'M fixing the blankets, love"

"Let me help you with that," Luna bent down to grab a corner, ready to fold.