Better Half (ii)

Summary: Y/N is pregnant and Harry is not ready

Warnings: just angst

Word Count: 2405 words

____

It was hard enough for Y/N to accept Harry's complete rejection of her pregnancy, but it was even worse seeing him walk away only to fly miles and miles apart from their little 'family'. It had only been a few days since he had left and Y/N couldn't help but let complete loneliness encompass every aspect of her life.

He somehow managed to integrate himself from work, to school, to her family home, and being the love of her life–it wasn't easy erasing his lingering presence completely, especially when mutual friends cluelessly asked her about his well-beings. Y/N hadn't told anyone else about her state, but it would probably be out in the open soon enough in case the paparazzi caught pictures of her leaving the clinic.

What she still could not grasp was his blatant decision to leave. It wasn't like Y/N trapped him into having a baby–at least, she didn't think so. Harry and Y/N talked about their future on late nights, while the lights were turned off and the only light illuminating them was the moon. They conversed about the prospect of their future; what they wanted at the moment and what they wanted later on. She missed those times when everything seemed to pass along delicately, where every second spent together would be a gust of pure and utter happiness. Y/N thought she took that for granted.

—-

Y/N knew that she had to move on, especially since she had yet to receive a message from him. She was stuck at home reading the basics of what not to do while pregnant, trying to wrap her mind around the minuscule details that could affect their baby. Somehow, she still found herself drifting to thoughts of him; what would they be doing now if he responded the way she thought he would? Would she be wrapped in his arms, his chin digging gently into her shoulder while his ring-clad hands covered the small bump on her body? Would he be double-checking every single thing she ate to make sure that it was good for the development of their baby?

Y/N sighed in the empty living room, her legs curling towards her body to keep warm, the blanket barely doing its job. Her laptop dimmed in brightness, signifying that she hadn't scrolled in a while.

She realized she had to move on and go forward, but how was she supposed to do that? When everything she knew was him. Harry was a staple part of her life and they were together for quite a long time. Right now, it seemed as if she had no idea who he was anymore. His once caring nature that she was delighted with for the time they were together vanished into thin air. Harry wasn't the same Harry and Y/N had no idea why. She didn't know what she did to make him this way.

She still loved him–that was no question– but she had to love herself more. Still, it was hard to let go. Y/N never expected to be alone when she became pregnant. She just wanted an answer to the million questions buzzing in her head. How was she supposed to pull herself back together?

"Are we going to talk about this?" Y/N questioned frustratedly through the phone speaker. "I have to know if you want to be a part of this,"

The phone beeped, signalling that she had used up the minutes of leaving a message in his voicemail. For the past two months, Y/N received nothing from him, apart from the surprising addition to her bank account. Y/N knew that it was Harry's way of being there for her, but it left a bitter taste in her tongue because she didn't want money from him–she would find a way to figure out the expenses. She just wanted him to be there. His presence was something she craved for the past two months, yet he didn't cave to her pleas.