Two of Us: the one where harry and y/n have plans for the future (i)

Summary: Harry and Y/N have plans for the future
Warnings: fluff, angst, mentions of death
Word Count: 1.3k
Based on: Louis' song.
____

"How are you doing, my lovely?" Harry asked as he flopped his body on the soft mattress of the bed. Y/N gave him a side-eye at first, watching her pens and notebooks drift over from his weight. That was until she saw the gentle flutter of his eyelashes flush against his supple cheeks.

He cradled his chin with a fist from his left hand; teeth bared in a wide grin that caused crinkles to upper near his eyes, signifying his wise age. To Y/N, he looked more youthful than ever.

"I'm doing alright. Just finishing up some homework, bub," She replied, catching sight of the screen in front of her. She checks off the small assignments she had finished from her 'to-do' list on the sticky notes app. "What about you?"

Harry tilted his chin up, smiling at her with a closed-lip this time. He stared at her in the complete fondness of her determination and focus on her directed studies. He was so proud of his girl, and he knew that once she finishes- she'll be off doing great things.

"H?" Y/N nudged his forearm with her leg, seeing as though he had completely, unintentionally ignored her question because of his admiration for the woman in front of him.

"'M actually not doing anything," He answered, rolling over to relax his back against the bed. "Mind if I stay here?"

Y/N nodded absentmindedly, letting a hand move away from the keys of her laptop to caress the mop of hair beside her. "I don't mind," She read the last bit of the sentence of her notes before fully focusing her attention on him.

His eyes were glimmering with what she thought was the result of the sunlight beaming through the wispy curtains. But for Harry, he was in utter defiance of the love that boiled within him; completely and undeniably in love with Y/N. His chest was pounding to supply blood throughout his whole being because every time he was around her- he noticed that he was more alive. The butterflies in his tummy-as cheesy as it sounds- swarmed his insides and he can't help but set them free.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, H" She chuckled, zeroing in on a question that triggered an alarm in her head. She was sure that her professor hadn't discussed this at all, yet it was outlined on the upcoming test.

"No, Y/N." He sat up abruptly, disrupting the materials once again. Y/N observed his actions; more rigid and certain. "I really love you,"

Her forehead creased in confusion, making him open his mouth to explain further. "There's something about you, Y/N. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. You've got me thinking of our future,"

At that, Y/N gasped silently around the breath she took, "What do you mean?"

He showcased his dimple shyly, head dropping down to look at the quilted sheets. From her position, she can easily see the small blush on his cheeks, "I want to marry you someday," He picked his head up in order to watch her reaction.

Y/N's facial expression changed to one of extreme happiness. Truthfully, she had let her mind wander a couple of times in the far-off future as well. She was relieved that he was doing the same.

"You do?" She quipped quietly, not wanting to interrupt the faint aura of the conversation.

"'I would love to," Harry confirmed, a bounce in his curls as he nodded. "Would you?"

Y/N giggled, closing her laptop to sleep. She took a while to collect the pens littering the bed but Harry waited patiently-hands folded, resting on the swell of his stomach. Once everything was clear, she hopped back on the bed with her legs stretched, copying Harry's stance.

"I would love to," She repeated in the most definite tone she could muster. There was no question in her decision; no second thoughts or relative opinions. Y/N wanted to spend the rest of her days with the kindest, most humble man she had ever encountered and it seemed that the feeling was mutual and reciprocated to the same level.

Y/N cuddled her head against the thrum of his chest, feeling his fingers stroke the rush of hair. She was calm and satisfied. His scent was engulfing her nose, and his body was smothering her with the affection she craved. He rested his chin on top of her head; she could feel it move when he talked.

"What would you say if I asked you to marry me right now?"

"I would say yes,"

A collective intake of breath was taken by both of them from her response. Their bodies were buzzing with anticipation. Y/N's grip on his side tightened unconsciously, while his hand grasped the side of her arm in a small squeeze.

He lifted his head off hers, tilting her chin to make their eyes meet. Harry searched her eyes for any disagreement that would lead him to believe that she didn't want this. He found none.

"Y/N, will you marry me?" His lips parted and brushed against the strands of her baby hair. His jade orbs held her gaze in an intense stance. He didn't show it, but Harry was nervous and a drop of sweat was forming on his temple.

She nodded, eyes welling up with tears of happiness and at the thought of him and her against the world. It was them together, taking on the obstacles of their future; hand in hand in support of each other.

Losing each other-to both of them- would be the greatest heartbreak that they could experience. Y/N once mentioned that it wasn't even the loss of a companion that would push her to a deep abyss-it would be evading him in general. He was her other half and vice versa. Soulmates, if you will. It would be unbearable if something were to happen and break their love apart.

Y/N was a firm believer that if something were to happen; she promised to always keep in mind that Harry truly did love her. In the case where he stopped, no one can deny or argue that he didn't because he truly did. He showed it to her through his actions, graced her ears with the three words that made her heart flutter and made sure that she never went a day without hearing it from him.

"For better, for worse," Harry spoke, cutting the thick silence between them because of the apprehension and surprise lingering through both of them.

"For richer, for poorer," Y/N continued. Y/N chuckled in her head. It didn't matter if Harry was a world-famous pop star that earned millions; she loved him for who he was and not anything acquainted with him. Harry was recurring the same thoughts. It wasn't critical that he had all this money if Y/N wasn't around. He would give it all up just for a chance to hold her in his arms.

"For sickness and health," He kissed her lips to emphasize the extent of his words. Y/N pouted her lips to kiss him back.

The plush of his mouth moulded with hers, like everything else between them. Harry and Y/N fit in with each other so perfectly that it was hard to believe that they'd only been together for a few years.

Y/N pulled away from the confines of his alluring lips, smiling at him once more before uttering the last few words, "Until death do us part,"

"Until death do us part," Harry echoed gruffly. He let his eyes close to enjoy the serene atmosphere that encompassed them--as if they were in their own little world.

Needless to say, death was the culprit that ruptured Harry and Y/N apart.

--

let me know what you thought!