Exes: the one where harry would rather hang out with kendall

yeah. . . the ending on this one sucks. I'm warning you now.

-----

Y/N and Harry were exclusive at the moment. They've been seeing each other for a while after being introduced through their mutual friend. Met each other at a wedding, hit it off and soon went on their first date which they were both absolutely nervous for but nonetheless, it worked out just fine since they went on a consecutive second and third date.

So maybe Harry hasn't asked Y/N out officially, but it sure does seem like they had eyes only for each other. Attached to the hip, some would say. But Y/N would much rather have the assurance that she and Harry are on the same page and that her feelings are being returned at the same level. He just needed to actually say it to her and she'll be good.

When Harry's good friend, Alexa Chung, sent invitations out for her birthday party, Harry instantaneously took the chance to ask Y/N out as his plus one. Y/N hesitated on saying yes since it wasn't really her type of scene. Somehow, his charm got to her and she was currently spritzing setting spray on her meticulously done makeup. Her hair was done in a high ponytail, making sure to brush the baby hairs out of her face. All she needed to do was put on her dress and heels.

"You look beautiful, love" Y/N jumps a little, not expecting Harry to be standing at the doorframe of her apartment so early. She'd given him a key recently, insisting that he needs it in case there was an emergency.

"Jesus Harry! Don't scare me like that,"

Harry chuckled before strutting over to his love and admiring the beauty in front of him.

"You look absolutely amazing, Y/N. Probably won't be able to take my eyes off of you," He pecks her forehead instead of her lips which had Y/N yearning for him to ask the golden question.

---

As soon as they arrived at the party, Harry was whisked away by the one and only, Kendall Jenner. He wasn't literally taken away from her, per se, his attention was just not on her. Kendall greeted Harry with an enormous hug and a peck on the cheek to which Y/N squints her eyes at in uncertainty. She gets herself in control, though, figuring out if there were any recurring feelings going on between them. When she concludes that there weren't, she relaxes. At first, Y/N was alright with it figuring that the pair probably needed some time catching up as Y/N recalls Kendall saying,

"I haven't seen you in so long, Har!"

To which Harry retaliates with, "Don't worry, Kenny. We can catch up, are you free for lunch tomorrow?"

And usually, she wouldn't be bothered by Harry making plans with his friends, but this is Kendall Jenner they're talking about, his ex-girlfriend. Maybe Y/N was just a bit biased since all her previous relationships ended badly except for one, and she figures that being friends with your ex was a one in million possibilities.

The three of them set out to find their designated tables, Y/N visibly sulking when Harry's hand reaches up at Kendall's lower back leaving Y/N to try to grasp the cuffs of his leave. Harry doesn't notice and continues walking at Kendall's pace, leaving Y/N approximately two steps behind.

When Harry and Y/N find their dinner table with the accompanying name tags, Harry was deeply saddened to find out that Kendall's table wasn't near close to theirs-or his, Y/N could do just fine without her around. He leans over to hug her goodbye before reminding her of their lunch plans for tomorrow. Kendall walks off to sit at her table and Y/N sighs in relief. She and Harry could finally have some time to chat.

That wasn't the case, however. Or maybe it was-it's just that Harry keeps getting distracted by his phone. His thumbs tap away at the illuminated screen while Y/N speaks about the paper she'd written for class.