Evie's Onesie: the one where harry notices evie's (the cat) new onesie

Summary: Harry notices Evie's new clothing

Warnings: fluff!

Word Count: 781 words

__

Small paw steps padded against the hardwood flooring, the nails scratching the floor but the fur-covered paws provide insulation. The cat moved its body from the hallway of the kitchen and to-presumably-the living room as it took a route passing by the main entryway where Harry stood with his feet temporarily planted on the ground. His shoes were matted on the 'welcome' rug right in front of the door while his keys clattered on the bowl situated on the side table by the closet.

He turns around from hanging his coat on the rack when the minute movements made his ears quirk and he had planned to greet the little kitty but he was distracted by what it was wearing. He slipped on white slippers on his feet before he carried himself to where the cat went. He could hear her before he saw Y/N; sitting on the couch with little Evie purring in her arms, eyes closed while the vibrations indicated that it was relaxed.

"Is the cat in a onesie?" He questioned, leaning his weight on one knee as he knelt down the ground beside his loves.

"Uh, obviously not," Y/N quipped back, stroking the fabric encasing Evie's black fur.

Harry rolls his eyes at her answer and he mentally facepalms himself from asking such a rhetorical question. "What I meant was where did you get it from?"

His hands join Y/N in petting the cat, Evie's eyes jolts open and she fights to wriggle her body against Y/N's arms to escape the extra weight stroking her fur.

"Hey, hey don't be so heavy with your hand," Y/N says, scolding Harry. "You know that scares her,"

Harry pouts, planting his bum on his heels and he backs his upper body away from Y/N in mock offence.

"'M sorry, Evie"

The cat meows quietly towards Harry. Her paws pry against Y/N's forearms and she trips a bit from the crevices of the couch on her way to Harry's right arm which was perched on the armchair. Evie kitten licks his wrist to grab his attention even though his green eyes were already watching the pets' every move. When Harry fails to react on time, Evie uses her claws to lightly scratch the surface of his skin.

"Oww, Evie don't do that!" Harry retorts, finger-pointing at the cat's direction to reprimand her.

Evie stares at him in silence, tongue poking out to lick its nose while Harry stared back; determined to not let the animal win the stare-off. Y/N scratches her hair, watching the scene in front of her.

"Meow"

"That's right, you better say sorry," Harry says, folding his arms across his chest in an effort to make himself look tougher. "I feed you, I give you a home to live in,"

Y/N watches in amusement as her boyfriend continues on with his rant.

"I buy your toy mice, I even pay god knows how much for your kitty daycare and your spa days!"

Evie gawks at him, meowing every now and then as if she was acknowledging Harry's complaints.

"Harry, I think she gets it," Y/N's gentle voice speaks out, her hand patting Evie's head softly.

"And that onesie, you'll be cold without it," He shakes his head while tilting his chin up. 'It's a good thing me and your mum, Y/N, love you so much,"

Evie lets out a series of meows before jumping on the armrest, sitting on his forearm and curling herself upon his body. Y/N could see Harry's eyes soften at the sight, and even more when the cat lays its head and starts rubbing his skin. The purrs she lets out makes Harry coo at the adorable pet his mum had given him.

"Awww, you always know how to make me feel bad, don't ya Evie?" His large hand raises to pet her, but Y/N's warning glance reminds him to be a little soft on his touch.

"Who's a good little kitty?" Harry says, using baby talk that makes Y/N so endeared with the boy in front of her. "You are. Evie's a good kitty,"

He lifts the cats' body up to cradle between his arms while he wiggles his brows to Y/N to direct her to scooch down a bit so he had space on the couch.

"Isn't she a good kitty, Y/N?" He raises Evie up to Y/N's line of sight. All she could see was the felines' large eyes staring right back at her. What's more is that the onesies' hoodie was draped over her head, hiding Evie's ears away from view.

"Yes, Harry. She is,"

___

let me know what you thought!