Instagram: the one where harry misses y/n and does something stupid

Based on: harry is on tour and y/n posts a picture with a co-worker on a night out and he gets jealous and frustrated cause he hasn't seen his girl in a while.... he does something stupid that goes viral and breaks her heart but the co-worker is just a really good friend of hers and is happily married or something

Word Count: 1457 words

Warnings: fluff, angst

___

Being on tour meant that Harry was away from Y/N for most of the year and that completely takes a toll on a relationship. It wasn't because their love for each other lacked in any way, shape, or form. It was just that distance can strain even a strong relationship like theirs in subtle ways. So subtle that Harry didn't even notice that he had gone a couple of days without video calling his lover, or that she wasn't updating him every hour on her annoying work colleagues- which was unusual for her, considering that she was practically attached to her cell for hours on end.

So when Harry finally had the time off to catch up with the rest of himself, alongside the buzzing environment of travelling and touring- his first instinct was to grasp his phone and dial Y/N's number, not even considering the time difference of their home to his location for the next twenty-four hours.

He waited and waited for what seemed like forever-he thought it was interchangeable considering he hadn't talked to her in ages-he was surprised (not really) that it went to her voicemail. Harry knew that Y/N loved her sleep. He switched off the Clock app, finding out that it was only a quarter past nine and there was absolutely no way that she would be asleep at this hour.

He tried twice, to no avail. His eyebrows furrowed in wonder and curiosity, lips pursing in a slight pout as a sudden wave of sadness overcame him and he realized that he'd probably have to wait for a bit more time until he got to talk to Y/N.

-

As private as he is, Harry still kept up to date with the latest news through social media. He has been extra cautious as of late ever since he accidentally posted a picture of him wearing a cartoon shirt to his public Instagram story, mistaking taking it for the green, 'close friends' button. He made sure to keep his thumb a few centimetres away from the sensitive screen as to not accidentally double-tap a picture he had no intentions of liking. He scrolled quickly, his eyes boring the screen in a swift glance, not really being interested in anything he was seeing.

He soon moved on to his next task-to check everyone's story. Loud sounds and pounding music got lagged through as he tapped on the right side of his screen, cutting off the video midway. He was still uninterested.

Harry refreshed his feed, letting the loading logo swirl through circularly. Needless to say, he was stunned when he saw Y/N's latest post, uploaded only a few minutes ago.

There it was in large format, a picture of his girl and a-not going to lie- a very decent looking man in a slick navy blue suit with a red tie. He figured he would've been more up-front of his obvious distaste of the man if he hadn't worn such a colour-coordinated suit. Snickering to himself, Harry thought he could probably show him up with a Gucci patterned suit of his that he'll pull off no matter what.

But nonetheless, the look was effortless and Harry was sure that he would've liked the man very much if it weren't for Y/N appearing beside him. That alone caused a scowl to appear on his face and the next thing he knew; he was calling his girlfriends' number with forceful taps of his calloused thumbs.

Y/N looked great, obviously. And maybe that's why he was impatiently muttering to himself for her to pick up the phone. Harry didn't know if he should complement the dress she wore or mention the fact that her lipstick was perfectly painted on her pouty lips, or how her hair was styled in a way that reminded him of date nights that ended in passionate lovemaking.